Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Mood
    Doh on TideFans.com

Re: Jeremy Pruitt to FSU as DC

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I'm not arguing that CLT is a better field coach than CSS. I somehow didn't see CSS coming back, or being brought back, but JP was trying to pull CLT. CLT is an excellent recruiter and will probably take the coastal territory that CJP had and he'll hold it. That's better than having to bring in a decent LB coach from somewhere else who would start from ground zero on the coast. CLT knows the coaches and shouldn't miss a beat...
    True. CLT had that area before going orange. It's familiar ground to him and he already has good relations with the HS coaches. It'll be CLT vs. CJP, and I don't see us giving up any ground to FSU.

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by chains View Post
    Charles Kelley. Played at Auburn in the 80's.
    Now coaching at Geo Tech. Don't know much except that he played at the barn and graduated in 1990.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I'm not arguing that CLT is a better field coach than CSS. I somehow didn't see CSS coming back, or being brought back, but JP was trying to pull CLT. CLT is an excellent recruiter and will probably take the coastal territory that CJP had and he'll hold it. That's better than having to bring in a decent LB coach from somewhere else who would start from ground zero on the coast. CLT knows the coaches and shouldn't miss a beat...
    Gotcha there. CLT does know the system and he isn't an outright liability.

BamaNation All-American CHATTBRIT's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Sorry to see him leave and wish him luck in his future DC position (except when FSU plays Bama). Will certainly miss him on the recruiting trail.
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Hey - this could work out OK. CJP goes to FSU to gain DC experience, then when CKS leaves, CNS brings him back as our DC. Is that possible?
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan K. Simpson

BamaNation Second Team

What's the etiquette on negative recruiting on your former team? Not saying that CJP would do that, but for this class, would someone try to flip players they've been recruiting to the school they left? Will he be with us through the BCSCG?
    I cant really say that youre going to come in here and start. Youve got to come here and be ready to compete because the best man plays. CNS

Quote Originally Posted by MemphisBamaDude View Post
    What's the etiquette on negative recruiting on your former team? Not saying that CJP would do that, but for this class, would someone try to flip players they've been recruiting to the school they left? Will he be with us through the BCSCG?
    Yes, it's certainly been done by coaches without scruples...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation All-American formersoldier71's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by chains View Post
    Charles Kelley. Played at Auburn in the 80's.
    I had to look him up.
    http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m...charles00.html
    Has coached Secondary, CBs, and ST at Tech.
    Victory... does not depend entirely upon numbers or mere courage; only skill and discipline will insure it. - Vegetius

BamaNation Second Team Born2Roll's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

How much (if any) did CNS have do with CJP to FSU?
    "There's a lot of blood, sweat, and guts between dreams and success." -- Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

My Mood
    Curmudgeon on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by formersoldier71 View Post
    I had to look him up.
    http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m...charles00.html
    Has coached Secondary, CBs, and ST at Tech.

Yes. Another site mentioned him but said it would likely be after the BCSNC game. It was more of a "do not be surprised" statement as opposed to knowledge of CNS having contacted him already.

Quote Originally Posted by TidefaninOS View Post
    Hey - this could work out OK. CJP goes to FSU to gain DC experience, then when CKS leaves, CNS brings him back as our DC. Is that possible?
    Not impossible. CJP was next in line for DC...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Roll View Post
    How much (if any) did CNS have do with CJP to FSU?
    I would imagine he encouraged him. The two spent the entire morning together the day of the all star game...

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan09 View Post
    You make a valid point..I dunno..We still have some mighty good LB'ers though..I think Coach Sal would have had them playing better as a group..JMO..
    what was wrong with them? Exactly how did they not meet expectations...