Jeremy Pruitt to FSU as DC

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It's pretty much climbed out of the rumor pool, unless he has a last-minute falling out with Jimbo. I hope it's not just too big of a bite for him at his age. Sometimes, it just doesn't work out for older assistants working under a younger guy. I don't think it's helped Lane Kiffin, even if his older dad has been on board until this year...

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010
Good for him. A well deserved promotion.
The question is, who's going to replace him? we need someone who can recruit well in the area coach Pruitt covered. I hope this does not affect our chance of getting Tunsil.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
Good for him. A well deserved promotion.
The question is, who's going to replace him? we need someone who can recruit well in the area coach Pruitt covered. I hope this does not affect our chance of getting Tunsil.
He was the lead recruiter on him. Tunsil seemed to not like the fact that Alabama assistants get promotions every offseason. That's why he is high on Georgia.

TUSKaloosa

3rd Team
Aug 18, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
I just hope all these rumors and interviewing has not gotten us out of focus. Young men don't like to feel like they are being abandoned. Don't know if ND has had these type distractions or not. I feel sure though that CNS will right the ship next week and the Tide will be high come Jan 7.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Hard for me to believe that Jimbo has hired him as his coordinator- he wanted him for his recruiting-that I am assured. He has only been a full time assistant for a short time. surprising hire here.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Surprising hire, most don't hire a DC simply for recruiting gains. I think this gives more credence that Kirby isn't leaving soon.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Good for Coach Pruitt!

I don't get some of the hand-wringing over this. With our success and the way CNS develops his coaches this is bound to happen every year. Some more than others. In no way does this affect our state of mind or readiness come Jan. 7th.

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL
It was just a matter of time before he landed a DC gig somewhere. He was one of the few that Coach Saban kept off of Coach Shula's staff. The story I heard was that Coach Saban handed him a dry erase marker and told him he had 15 minutes to convince him to let him stay. An hour and half later he was still drawing up defensive schemes. His Dad is a good coach too, he just coaches for the enemy. Also heard that when Jeremy was playing at Alabama, Coach Stallings said if he could put Jeremy's head on a faster body, he would have the perfect college football player. I will say that he embarrassed our community when he was on Two-a-Days. There was an episode that showed him having Thanksgiving dinner with one of Hoover's players. He asked what "this" is. It was asparagus, and his reply was "We ain't got that on Sand Mountain". That stung a little.

Last edited:

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Best of luck and congrats coach Pruitt. Have a long and successful career, except against Alabama, of course.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.