silentsam74

All-American
Dec 30, 2005
Sylvania, Alabama, United States

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
He's developed into an acceptable field coach. When he was here with Dubose, he was, um, unacceptable...
Still, I'd argue CLT is the weakest on-field hire of any guy other than Applewhite. I really think CSS paid some dividends in his one year. Sure, he had mature talent to coach but I do think we saw better use of technique from the OLBs in 2011 than 2012. Our OLBs this year just don't use their inside moves as a counter enough and don't take advantage of their hands to shed protectors.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Still, I'd argue CLT is the weakest on-field hire of any guy other than Applewhite. I really think CSS paid some dividends in his one year. Sure, he had mature talent to coach but I do think we saw better use of technique from the OLBs in 2011 than 2012. Our OLBs this year just don't use their inside moves as a counter enough and don't take advantage of their hands to shed protectors.
I'm not arguing that CLT is a better field coach than CSS. I somehow didn't see CSS coming back, or being brought back, but JP was trying to pull CLT. CLT is an excellent recruiter and will probably take the coastal territory that CJP had and he'll hold it. That's better than having to bring in a decent LB coach from somewhere else who would start from ground zero on the coast. CLT knows the coaches and shouldn't miss a beat...

silentsam74

All-American
Dec 30, 2005
Sylvania, Alabama, United States
FSU rivals site chiming in on the possibility of Sal joining Pruitts defensive staff.

http://floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1449871

Multiple sources close to the situation have told Warchant.com that former Tennessee defensive coordinator Sal Sunseri is expected to join Pruitt on FSU's defensive staff. The 53-year old coach only lasted one season at Tennessee after being released with the rest of the staff when former head coach Derek Dooley was dismissed last month.

Sunseri was reached by phone late Sunday but would neither confirm nor deny that he had accepted a job to join Florida State's coaching staff. As of Sunday night Jimbo Fisher hadn't made any announcements about the hiring of new staff so it's not official that Sunseri has been hired just yet.

Boo Radley

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2003
Domus Dulcis Alabamus
I'm not arguing that CLT is a better field coach than CSS. I somehow didn't see CSS coming back, or being brought back, but JP was trying to pull CLT. CLT is an excellent recruiter and will probably take the coastal territory that CJP had and he'll hold it. That's better than having to bring in a decent LB coach from somewhere else who would start from ground zero on the coast. CLT knows the coaches and shouldn't miss a beat...
True. CLT had that area before going orange. It's familiar ground to him and he already has good relations with the HS coaches. It'll be CLT vs. CJP, and I don't see us giving up any ground to FSU.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Gotcha there. CLT does know the system and he isn't an outright liability.

MemphisBamaDude

1st Team
Nov 12, 2008
Memphis, TN
What's the etiquette on negative recruiting on your former team? Not saying that CJP would do that, but for this class, would someone try to flip players they've been recruiting to the school they left? Will he be with us through the BCSCG?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
What's the etiquette on negative recruiting on your former team? Not saying that CJP would do that, but for this class, would someone try to flip players they've been recruiting to the school they left? Will he be with us through the BCSCG?
Yes, it's certainly been done by coaches without scruples...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.