Guilty pleasure.
    1st LT US ARMY

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Notre Dame's mission--representing the rest of the country

Remember, they only care about academics. Not football.

Also, after we "back into" in the past championships, then how come no one else OOC has won against the SEC???

Good luck Irish.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Why is it Tidefans.com members get banned so much? Are you guys on there with a profanity laced post? Or is it that these sites just can't stand Bama football?

BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Why is it Tidefans.com members get banned so much? Are you guys on there with a profanity laced post? Or is it that these sites just can't stand Bama football?
    Yes.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RollinTider1335 View Post
    Yes.
    That's what I thought!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Notre Dame's mission--representing the rest of the country

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Heck, I just joined over at irishenvy.com and I think they deleted my account before I even posted. I'll check back tomorrow and see if I just caught them in some late night backup process, but I find that kinda odd. I used my same handle here which is hardly inciting flames or unwarranted attention.

I'm not really the troll type and honestly just wanted to find out some things about their team leading up the game. Oh well.

BamaNation Second Team grlindsey08's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As a younger fan, you'll have to correct me if I'm wrong, but does Notre Dame have any room to talk about a team backing into a championship? I seem to remember at least 3 instances they got the nod for the #1 vote over the Tide that were a little more than questionable.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.” - Coach Paul "Bear Bryant"

BamaNation All-American formersoldier71's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

I expect that the ND football team respects our football team. There is probably a portion of the ND fanbase that respects out football team. I am confident that the vast majority of the ND fanbase has little to no respect for the Alabama fanbase. C'est la vie.
    Last edited by formersoldier71; December 17th, 2012 at 05:55 AM.
    Victory... does not depend entirely upon numbers or mere courage; only skill and discipline will insure it. - Vegetius

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Heck, I just joined over at irishenvy.com and I think they deleted my account before I even posted. I'll check back tomorrow and see if I just caught them in some late night backup process, but I find that kinda odd. I used my same handle here which is hardly inciting flames or unwarranted attention.

I'm not really the troll type and honestly just wanted to find out some things about their team leading up the game. Oh well.
    So far, I've not had to ban any of their fans visiting here. Still could happen, I guess...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grlindsey08 View Post
    As a younger fan, you'll have to correct me if I'm wrong, but does Notre Dame have any room to talk about a team backing into a championship? I seem to remember at least 3 instances they got the nod for the #1 vote over the Tide that were a little more than questionable.
    They were also involved in the only Special Post Season Poll in AP Poll history. Lost it to Michigan on 01/07/1948 after winning the 1947 AP Poll.

http://www.collegepollarchive.com/fo...01-07_poll.cfm

BamaNation All-American formersoldier71's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

They also moved into the AP top 20 in Holtz's first year, after losing their first game of the year to Michigan. Never heard of that happening to anyone else.
    Victory... does not depend entirely upon numbers or mere courage; only skill and discipline will insure it. - Vegetius

BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope their team is spending time thinking about irrelevancies like "who they represent" while our team is thinking only of how they can cover better, tackle better, block better....
    BS 1989

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I registered at Irishenvy and was never sent the email to with the link to complete the registration. I registered as Go Bama just like I am here.

Notre Dame is a great school with a rich history. There fans were really nice after the 1973 Sugar Bowl which IIRC was played on New Year Eve so I went to Bourbon Street afterwards and the guys I talked to were all very respectful. Still, the Irish have always been media darlings which rubs me the wrong way. If they were historically the premier football program 20 years ago, they are not now; Alabama is even if we lose the game Jan 7. If we win, surely the media will give us credit for being the all time best ... but of course they will not.