Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Notre Dame's mission--representing the rest of the country

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    The "Catholic" part is important also. As I said before, when I lived in NYC it seemed that all Catholics who didn't have an allegiance to another school (Fordham, ST. Johns, etc.) were default Notre Dame fans. That helps big time in recruiting. Of the SEC schools, the one which has been known over the years for recruiting mostly nationally has been Tennessee. Not coincidentally, that state produces the fewest decent Div I players per capita in the Southeast...
    I found that to be true also. Having lived in Boston and then New York I found that many of my Catholic friends that liked college football were default Notre Dame fans. In fact for years one of those Notre Dame friends and I have talked about wanting Bama and the Irish to play for the National Title again. We have had that discussion for several decades. Can't believe it is finally going to happen.

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Yep, you can go back and look at many, many threads on here - a lot, if not nearly all, have wanted this matchup. Hopefully, we make the most of it, process them thoroughly, and "silence the echoes."
    ---------------------------------------

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

Robert Frost

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Looks like Rudy wants no part of Bama..LOL

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Twisted on TideFans.com

The Mayan's were wrong . Sorry Irish , you still have a game to play 1/7/2013 ! rtr...

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bama1985 View Post
    I found that to be true also. Having lived in Boston and then New York I found that many of my Catholic friends that liked college football were default Notre Dame fans. In fact for years one of those Notre Dame friends and I have talked about wanting Bama and the Irish to play for the National Title again. We have had that discussion for several decades. Can't believe it is finally going to happen.
    Thats what I've noticed during my 3 1/5 years being active duty military. A lot of Marines who are Cathlioc and are from other places (New York, MASS., Colorado, South Carolina, Etc...) other than Indiana are Notre Dame fans simply because of their religion.
    Last edited by BamaJama17; December 22nd, 2012 at 10:51 PM.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJama17 View Post
    Thats what I've noticed during my 3 1/5 years being active duty military. A lot of Marines who are Cathlioc and are from other places (New York, MASS., Colorado, South Carolina, Etc...) other than Indiana are Notre Dame fans simply because of their religion.
    That is what is cool for Notre Dame and Alabama fans
    In military units you can usually find a Notre Dame and Alabama fan; most prevalent fan bases.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bama1985 View Post
    That is what is cool for Notre Dame and Alabama fans
    In military units you can usually find a Notre Dame and Alabama fan; most prevalent fan bases.
    Exactly. I'd have to say that Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, and Florida tie for third tee shirt wise. Strangely enough USCw is lacking. Then again I am on the East Coast.