Notre Dame's mission--representing the rest of the country

cmmiller711

All-American
Nov 24, 2006
Birmingham, AL
i dont understand this "backing into championships" idea.... you win a championship by being really good.... not sure what "backing into" has to do with anything.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
It is not so much they are rooting for Notre Lame, it is that they are rooting against the SEC. Notre Lame has their fair share of haters around the country with their inappropiate arrogance. But again, non SEC hater are going to hate what is going to happen on January 7.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Every fanbase has their arrogant sect. The domers a bit more than most, but we all do. I work with a ND alum and have to give him credit for actually being humble and respective of the Bama program. Mind you I know this case isn't the norm but there are those domers out there who know and realize an unlikely win will be an upset. They admit they are lucky to be in the NCG and a major contributing factor is the ND lore and media hype.

Backing into the championship? That's just ignorance and bias. Looking at the near misses the domers escaped this year leaves them no room whatsoever to claim any team, SEC or not, backed into the championship opportunity.

RTR!!!

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
What's the hubbub? First, it's a football game. Second, substitute "representing the rest of the South" for "rest of the country" and how many times have we beat that drum?

There are people all over the world who want the SEC to lose. Big Deal. Yet, I also got a text from a Big 10 bud the other day who said that he will pull for Alabama for the first time in his life because of who we are playing. It evens out.

If we want to spend the next month parsing Notre Dame fan boards for insults, well then Merry Christmas and RTR.

Last edited:

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
I teach my children....

You can sit around and concern yourself with the thoughts of others and let that affect you....or you can tend to your own business and let others tend to theirs. The former makes you nosy and insecure....the latter will make you envied. You decide who you want to be.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
The country hates the SEC because of our dominance and Alabama is the face of the conference. I expect and like the fact we are the hated. The hatred will worsen once we put another beatdown on a pretender.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
i dont understand this "backing into championships" idea.... you win a championship by being really good.... not sure what "backing into" has to do with anything.
That's when you play for a tie and are named #1 over not only the team you tied (who won all their other games) and also a team that went undefeated and untied.

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.
For the majority of cfb fans the NCG is not about who they're for, it's about who they're against less. ND has their share of fans that dislike them, but most are tired of the SEC dominance and want somebody, anybody, even if it's ND to end it. Bama represents the evil SEC and ND will be considered the lesser of two evils.

Aggie Scott

Scout Team
May 1, 2012
PLEASE shut them up! With the exception of Aggies, people in Texas want ND to win for this reason too! Shut them up! We'll take care of ou, you guys take care of nd!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
It may be one random poster but I think it is an accurate statement about the general feel across the nation. Notre Dame feels like everyone's last best hope: a team that plays like the SEC template that may actually be able to out-defense, out-rush an SEC team. If you look at most polling on this game, most of the nation wants the Irish to win.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
I don't really think it matters who Bama is playing in the BCSNCG, the rest of the country will be pulling against us. Even some fans of other SEC teams will be pulling against us. Actually since it is Notre Dame we may have less fans from other conferences and and schools pulling against us. The Notre Dame hatred is probably rivaled only by Bama. ;)

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I teach my children....

You can sit around and concern yourself with the thoughts of others and let that affect you....or you can tend to your own business and let others tend to theirs. The former makes you nosy and insecure....the latter will make you envied. You decide who you want to be.
that's very good advice for everybody.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.