Notre Dame's mission--representing the rest of the country

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
It may be one random poster but I think it is an accurate statement about the general feel across the nation. Notre Dame feels like everyone's last best hope: a team that plays like the SEC template that may actually be able to out-defense, out-rush an SEC team. If you look at most polling on this game, most of the nation wants the Irish to win.

most might want ND to win, but when hard pressed to vote who they think will win, the same bunch will vote Bama to win. :cool2:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I went to this site. It wasn't very informative, lots of nothing!
I've looked at a few of their sites and I haven't really yet found any discussion of a quality which would tempt me to go back for more. They're sort of like a giant, well I can't really print that here, can I? Those kinds of boards, after the pompous boasting preceding the game are sort of interesting to look in on after the game...

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
Remember, they only care about academics. Not football.

Also, after we "back into" in the past championships, then how come no one else OOC has won against the SEC???

Good luck Irish.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Why is it Tidefans.com members get banned so much? Are you guys on there with a profanity laced post? Or is it that these sites just can't stand Bama football?
Heck, I just joined over at irishenvy.com and I think they deleted my account before I even posted. I'll check back tomorrow and see if I just caught them in some late night backup process, but I find that kinda odd. I used my same handle here which is hardly inciting flames or unwarranted attention.

I'm not really the troll type and honestly just wanted to find out some things about their team leading up the game. Oh well.

grlindsey08

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2010
Jasper, AL
As a younger fan, you'll have to correct me if I'm wrong, but does Notre Dame have any room to talk about a team backing into a championship? I seem to remember at least 3 instances they got the nod for the #1 vote over the Tide that were a little more than questionable.

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
I expect that the ND football team respects our football team. There is probably a portion of the ND fanbase that respects out football team. I am confident that the vast majority of the ND fanbase has little to no respect for the Alabama fanbase. C'est la vie.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Heck, I just joined over at irishenvy.com and I think they deleted my account before I even posted. I'll check back tomorrow and see if I just caught them in some late night backup process, but I find that kinda odd. I used my same handle here which is hardly inciting flames or unwarranted attention.

I'm not really the troll type and honestly just wanted to find out some things about their team leading up the game. Oh well.
So far, I've not had to ban any of their fans visiting here. Still could happen, I guess...

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
As a younger fan, you'll have to correct me if I'm wrong, but does Notre Dame have any room to talk about a team backing into a championship? I seem to remember at least 3 instances they got the nod for the #1 vote over the Tide that were a little more than questionable.
They were also involved in the only Special Post Season Poll in AP Poll history. Lost it to Michigan on 01/07/1948 after winning the 1947 AP Poll.

http://www.collegepollarchive.com/football/ap/research/1948-01-07_poll.cfm

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
They also moved into the AP top 20 in Holtz's first year, after losing their first game of the year to Michigan. Never heard of that happening to anyone else.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I registered at Irishenvy and was never sent the email to with the link to complete the registration. I registered as Go Bama just like I am here.

Notre Dame is a great school with a rich history. There fans were really nice after the 1973 Sugar Bowl which IIRC was played on New Year Eve so I went to Bourbon Street afterwards and the guys I talked to were all very respectful. Still, the Irish have always been media darlings which rubs me the wrong way. If they were historically the premier football program 20 years ago, they are not now; Alabama is even if we lose the game Jan 7. If we win, surely the media will give us credit for being the all time best ... but of course they will not.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.