Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Another ND Fan Impressed By Bama Fans

Hi everyone and thanks for allowing me to join your board. I have read opponents' boards throughout the year and have eventually ended up looking away each week. I was not very impressed with the quality of intelligence or football knowledge of most fans. I have to say that I have enjoyed reading your board the past couple of weeks. I am impressed with both the obvious intelligence (grammatically) and elevated knowledge of conceptual football and history. While I hope selfishly that most of your predictions are wrong, I have been able to take a lot from this site as opposed to reading ignorant articles by the media.

2. Advertisement
    Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Re: Another ND Fan Impressed By Bama Fans

Quote Originally Posted by athlete37 View Post
    Hi everyone and thanks for allowing me to join your board. I have read opponents' boards throughout the year and have eventually ended up looking away each week. I was not very impressed with the quality of intelligence or football knowledge of most fans. I have to say that I have enjoyed reading your board the past couple of weeks. I am impressed with both the obvious intelligence (grammatically) and elevated knowledge of conceptual football and history. While I hope selfishly that most of your predictions are wrong, I have been able to take a lot from this site as opposed to reading ignorant articles by the media.

So you had us Bammers stereotyped?
    Last edited by BamaGoose; December 16th, 2012 at 02:44 PM.

BamaNation All-American AlexanderFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Talkative on TideFans.com

Welcome to the best Alabama board there is. Most of the posters here are very polite and knowledgeable when it comes to sports in general. All the posters are courteous and we welcome your input. The staff here prides itself on being a family board and they do an excellent job in keeping it that way.

Some here are suffering from opposing fan fatigue, having visited some Irish boards. As soon as you prove you aren't the stereotypical message board moron your stay here will be much greater.

Good luck on the injury front in the game, but i hope we come out on top.

From my phone with Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

Post Thanks / Like

I like to think we have the cream here. At least, we try to maintain that type of forum. Like all teams with large numbers of fans, you'll find the whole spectrum of Bama fans. (Finebaum is not the whole spectrum - that's rigged for humor, humor of the lowest sort.) I've lived in NYC among millions of ND fans, subway and otherwise and, I've seen the entire spectrum of ND fans. (I'm a Bama/NYU grad.) Both fan bases have been accused of arrogance, probably with some justice. (Come to think of it, I think everyone in NYC who wasn't Jewish was a ND fan... )
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I like to think we have the cream here. At least, we try to maintain that type of forum. Like all teams with large numbers of fans, you'll find the whole spectrum of Bama fans. (Finebaum is not the whole spectrum - that's rigged for humor, humor of the lowest sort.) I've lived in NYC among millions of ND fans, subway and otherwise and, I've seen the entire spectrum of ND fans. (I'm a Bama/NYU grad.) Both fan bases have been accused of arrogance, probably with some justice. (Come to think of it, I think everyone in NYC who wasn't Jewish was a ND fan... )
    When I said I wasn't impressed with other boards, I meant boards from other teams throughout the year. This is the only Bama board I've found access to, so my positive impression of Bama fans has been entirely formed by this site. Sorry if I wasn't too clear about that. Thanks for the welcome! Looking forward to discussion for the next few weeks.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Woot on TideFans.com

athlete37, I have a few questions. These may come off as an "attack" but that is not my intention. I'm just curious as to how a typical Notre Dame fan thinks.
    1) Why is Notre Dame not in a conference?
    2) Do you think us "Southerners" still use dial-up, all live in trailer parks, commonly participate in unruly things with our relatives? You know, typical stereotypes.
    3) Do you hold it against us that we have FCS opponents on our schedule?
    4) Do you have a hard time understanding why rival SEC teams/fans will root for us in the BCSNCG?
    1st LT US ARMY

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaGoose View Post

So you had us Bammers stereotyped?
    Seems that way... Funny.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Seems that way... Funny.
    You'd be surprised looking at the Oklahoma boards... I think my comment speaks for the American population in general, but I was pretty surprised at the lack of simple English skills when viewing their board as well as others.

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBrass View Post
    athlete37, I have a few questions. These may come off as an "attack" but that is not my intention. I'm just curious as to how a typical Notre Dame fan thinks.
    1) Why is Notre Dame not in a conference?
    2) Do you think us "Southerners" still use dial-up, all live in trailer parks, commonly participate in unruly things with our relatives? You know, typical stereotypes.
    3) Do you hold it against us that we have FCS opponents on our schedule?
    4) Do you have a hard time understanding why rival SEC teams/fans will root for us in the BCSNCG?
    1) Notre Dame is not in a conference because they want schedule flexibility and to hold on to the slipping notion that we are still "the best".
    2) No, I absolutely don't think that.
    3) I am not a fan of scheduling FCS opponents, but realize the SEC gauntlet is brutal. Our basketball team has seen it's share of brutal Big East gauntlets, and every year we schedule way too many opponents that aren't in the top 200 RPI.
    4) No. I root for USC when they play Big Ten teams (especially Ohio State, Wisconsin, Illinois, other teams we don't play). They had a string of Rose Bowl blowouts that made us look better after we had a few 30+ pt. losses at their hands

BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Welcome to the board! This is a great place.

I think the key to getting respect on this board is not representing anyone's sense of entitlement. I believe both teams fought and won their way to this game and I think it will be a good one. Most of the Bama fans understand this also and know a tough schedule with great players/coaching is what got us here. Just like ND.

Good luck. It will be one for the ages.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Woot on TideFans.com

Good answer
    1st LT US ARMY

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBrass View Post
    Good answer
    I've got my eye on you..............

BamaNation All-American CrimsonJag's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by athlete37 View Post
    1) Notre Dame is not in a conference because they want schedule flexibility and to hold on to the slipping notion that we are still "the best".\
    I'll go with the latter, for starters.

Nevertheless, welcome to the board.
    "We just gotta stop that lil' inside trap." - Joe Kines