Link: "Anonymous" Hits Westboro Baptist Church Over Sandy Hook Picket Plans

I'm all for Anonymous to use their power of free speech in response to Westboro's power of free speech. If there is one group that can tangle with those cretins from Kansas, it's Anonymous.

The underlying problem is that Westboro knows they'll always get media attention by pulling a stunt like this. It never fails. Even with the community rallies together in response, Westboro is still in the news... thus their mission is accomplished.

A total media blackout policy on Westboro would do great and deprive them of the attention they feed off of.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I'm all for Anonymous to use their power of free speech in response to Westboro's power of free speech. If there is one group that can tangle with those cretins from Kansas, it's Anonymous.

The underlying problem is that Westboro knows they'll always get media attention by pulling a stunt like this. It never fails. Even with the community rallies together in response, Westboro is still in the news... thus their mission is accomplished.

A total media blackout policy on Westboro would do great and deprive them of the attention they feed off of.
I agree 100% with ya..

T Town Tank

1st Team
Sep 26, 2000
Northport, AL USA
So true DD. They are a bunch of publicity mongers that are some of the lowest scum around. I saw where over 400 motorcycle riders plan on being in CT to block Westboro from interferring with the services for these grieving families.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I'm sorry. As a believer I don't see how what Westboro does brings honor and glory to God who weeps over the little ones lost. They dishonor the One they are supposed to serve.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
I'm sorry. As a believer I don't see how what Westboro does brings honor and glory to God who weeps over the little ones lost. They dishonor the One they are supposed to serve.
Agreed. As a Baptist, seeing this bunch is akin to watching a toothless, drunk, ignorant redneck show up on national TV with an Alabama hat.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
Someone should get the facebook accounts to the Westboro members and post like you're their gay lovers, that ought to stir the idiots up. I can only imagine the conversations between members. :biggrin2:

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I'll say it and it's not politically correct, but I wish that gunman would have taken out the Westoboro "clan" instead of going to CT. The world would be a better place if he had. (Only the adults who are engaged in the protests)

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

I say we march out Verne and Gary loaded with the loudest sound system available and subject them to some of their broadcasting. Trust me, they won't be back. :biggrin2:

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I'm sorry but I disagree with most of you. I hate Westboro as well and find there actions disgraceful and an insult to real Christians but, they have a legal right to protest in this country (no matter how despicable we think they are). What Anonymous is doing, releasing private information, is illegal and should never be praised. Anonymous scares the crap out of me because of how much power they have and how little resistance they get. No one in the media ever talks bad about them, in fact, they are almost praised. You'll feel differently if the company you work for, or the bank you use, ever comes under fire by anonymous and it is your info being shared by them. Why Anonymous hasn't been declared a national threat is beyond me, they could bring this country to its knees in just a few days, that doesn't scare anyone else? I hate Westboro Baptist Church just as much as the rest of you but, what Anonymous is doing should never be praised and the ease at which they accomplish there goals should scare the pants off everyone.

EHSWildkats

Dec 5, 2012
I'm sorry but I disagree with most of you. I hate Westboro as well and find there actions disgraceful and an insult to real Christians but, they have a legal right to protest in this country (no matter how despicable we think they are). What Anonymous is doing, releasing private information, is illegal and should never be praised. Anonymous scares the crap out of me because of how much power they have and how little resistance they get. No one in the media ever talks bad about them, in fact, they are almost praised. You'll feel differently if the company you work for, or the bank you use, ever comes under fire by anonymous and it is your info being shared by them. Why Anonymous hasn't been declared a national threat is beyond me, they could bring this country to its knees in just a few days, that doesn't scare anyone else? I hate Westboro Baptist Church just as much as the rest of you but, what Anonymous is doing should never be praised and the ease at which they accomplish there goals should scare the pants off everyone.
This is similar to saying, "Bill Gates scares the bejeezus out of me. Yea he is using his money to do good but what if he started to use it for evil. If he wanted to he could get a hired army and go head to head with our government and become a fascist dictator!"

Until Anonymous starts to use its power for bad then I will start to worry. Until then, I am a fan.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Anonymous does use there power for bad, that's all they do. Just because you don't like the group of people they are attacking doesn't make it good or right.

Have you already forgotten the attack on Israel by Anonymous not even a month ago?

Last edited:

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl
Somebody want to tell me what Westboro is gonna protest about. I watched no news over the weekend. I had no desire to revisit what happened in CT, and then listen to idiotic viewpoints all weekend. Blissful, you might say.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
I don't know that fighting protected hate speech by setting them up to have their person or property damaged is the way to go. I would think that citizens banding together to shield them from the grieving at each site would be effective. May lead to fights also, but at least you're fighting fire with fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Somebody want to tell me what Westboro is gonna protest about. I watched no news over the weekend. I had no desire to revisit what happened in CT, and then listen to idiotic viewpoints all weekend. Blissful, you might say.
i think someone accused the westboro men of having small junk and they just want to show the world how big the westboro members are

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I don't know that fighting protected hate speech by setting them up to have their person or property damaged is the way to go. I would think that citizens banding together to shield them from the grieving at each site would be effective. May lead to fights also, but at least you're fighting fire with fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i think the shielding is the best response as well. these jerk offs are doing this for the attention. attacking them or their property just gives them what they crave.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
You had free passes to the Tampa Midget Tranny Rally long before the events of last Friday. So let's not go there. K?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
They protested something that the Foo Fighters were in town for some time ago... can't really remember when. It was a youtube video that someone had shared on Facebook. Anyway, the Foo Fighters dressed up and played a concert in the middle of the street where they were protesting. It was pretty cool. I'll see if I can find it and link it. May not be able to due to language.

Edit: It was in Kansas City in September of 2011. You can find it on youtube, but I can't find anything without bad language to post here.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.