Blog: Latest Bama News 12/17/12

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
The question arises each year, “who played the toughest schedule?” At the end of the season, the NCAA usually releases a rating of each team’s schedule based on their opponents’ win/loss record. This is a good method but it does have its obvious flaws including the fact that a 6-6 FCS team is counted the same as a 6-6 Michigan State team that lost 5 games by a combined 13 points this year and 12-1 Northern Illinois is counted the same as 12-1 Alabama.What makes my Toughest Opponents Faced rankings far superior to the NCAA method is that mine takes into account 9 sets of power ratings, combines them and factors in every team’s schedule this year. I also take out the team’s own record from their opponents stats so the numbers only reflect only how their opponents did against other teams. For example, Notre Dame’s opponents are listed as 83-50 (62.4%), if you add Notre Dame’s record they would be 83-62 (57.2%). I did this for all the NCAA teams & found out which teams played the toughest schedules this year.

Phil Steele's 2012 Toughest Schedule Rankings

Meh..

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
The four new head coaches in the SEC are busy finalizing their staffs, and a few assistants are simply changing addresses within the league. Below is a snapshot of what the new staffs look like to this point. Tennessee’s Butch Jones is the only one of the four who’s completed his staff:

A snapshot of the new staffs in the SEC-SEC BLOG ESPN

Looks like UK and Stoops did the best, with the barn, UT(Cincy south) and arky (UW south) bringing up the rear, IMO.,,,we look better and better on next years sched.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

Alabama Football: Tide Players In The NFL-bamahammer
NFL Report: Julio Jones reaches milestone in Atlanta’s victory over Giants (video) The performance gave the Atlanta wide receiver 69 catches for 1,071 yards and nine touchdowns this season. Last year as a rookie, Jones caught 54 passes for 959 yards and eight TDs. Mark Barron’s rookie struggles will come into focus against Drew Brees Early…

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.