Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Phil Steele's Toughest Schedules

Thought this was a pretty good way he figures it. IMO if you are not in the top 50 you played a very easy schedule.

Northern Illinois is going to get slaughtered in the Orange Bowl

If the site below does not work my sincere apologies. Maybe one of the mods could fix it

http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/2012/Dec12/DBDec17.html

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Phil Steele's Toughest Schedules

It is interesting. We always get penalized in these things because we never play Alabama. Agreed, also on Northern Illinois. I think the speed and power of that game is going to leave their heads spinning. Not meaning to disrespect them, they just aren't ready to take that step up in weight class. What is sad for fans is that N. Ill and several other teams could have swapped places to present more entertaining (and fair) football games. They'll get a lot of money, though.

Here is the litmus test, what would you pay for a thirty second advertising slot in the break between the third and fourth quarter of the Orange Bowl? Me, either.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

About advertising, why is the NC game on a Monday night rather than prime time Saturday night? Talk about stupid, I know they have been doing it since the BCS started but it's just dumb.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Phil Steele's Toughest Schedules

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick2 View Post
    About advertising, why is the NC game on a Monday night rather than prime time Saturday night? Talk about stupid, I know they have been doing it since the BCS started but it's just dumb.
    Always been that way...

BamaNation First Team bamacpa70's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cloud_9 on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Always been that way...
    So, it must be right!

BamaNation First Team CrimsonPaul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

A MS State guy at work used to say "We play a much tougher schedule than you". I responded..."Of course, you have to play Alabama, we don't".
    " If you stick your head above the crowd, you're going to have people trying to knock it off." -Coach Paul Bryant

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by uaintn View Post
    It is interesting. We always get penalized in these things because we never play Alabama. Agreed, also on Northern Illinois. I think the speed and power of that game is going to leave their heads spinning. Not meaning to disrespect them, they just aren't ready to take that step up in weight class. What is sad for fans is that N. Ill and several other teams could have swapped places to present more entertaining (and fair) football games. They'll get a lot of money, though.

Here is the litmus test, what would you pay for a thirty second advertising slot in the break between the third and fourth quarter of the Orange Bowl? Me, either.
    Problem is that the Bowl is going to be making money, not N. Ill. They're probably getting stuck with a fee for tickets they can't sell that will put them at a net loss for the bowl.

BamaNation First Team CrimsonMapper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

I believe it has to do with the NFL commandeering that Saturday night for a playoff game.

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Always been that way...
    I think the Florida-OU and Alabama-Texas games were played on a Thursday. If I'm not mistaken, I believe next year's championship game will be played on a Tuesday.
    Last edited by CrimsonMapper; December 17th, 2012 at 03:12 PM.

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonMapper View Post
    I believe it has to do with the NFL commandeering that Saturday night for a playoff game.
    I myself would rather watch a good college FB game on a Saturday night then any pro game, and I live within a 5 min drive from the new MET Life Stadium where the Jets & Giants play AND I am a season ticket holder to both....Who SUCK

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

I myself would rather watch a good college FB game on a Saturday night then any pro game, and I live within a 5 min drive from the new MET Life Stadium where the Jets & Giants play AND I am a season ticket holder to both....Who SUCK
    That's some serious cash!

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DocCrimson View Post
    That's some serious cash!

You don't even want to know want the PSL's cost me. I have 10 Giant Tickets (which I sell for face to people who are RABID Giant fans) and I have four Jet tickets. These I keep because my sons are Jet fans (poor b a s t a r d s!)

And IMO the new stadium SUCKS. There was NOTHING wrong with the "old" Giant Stadium.....All about PSL's and making money

BamaNation First Team CrimsonMapper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

I agree with you. Unfortunately, most of the nation does not.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The LSU - Oklahoma game was on a Sunday night, and as been mentioned, the Bama-Texas game was on a Thursday.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!