Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BamaNation Scout Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jimmy Clausen Designed T-Shirt "Catholics Vs. Cousins" Is Really Low Class

You should know that Clausen's poor humor was strongly disapproved of on NDNation as it should have been. Most ND fans are weary of this stereotypical joking humor and the "Catholics vs Convict" T shirt that was so original in the 80's vs Miami has become offensive even to ND fans.
    Notre Dame has a very large contingent of Southerners as students and graduates. My hometown is Pensacola and I am one of many fans who strongly dislike the slurring of our special place in the USA no matter where it originates. When the Country has a crisis, when there is a call to defend her, Southerners are the first to stand up and the last to stand down.

Please don't judge us by a few thoughtless adrenalin fueled zealots. Most ND grads and fans are respectful of all of our opponents. I am sure you may have occasionally been embarrassed by some of your own fans as well. They are not the measure of any University or its fan base.

We all have our Fans, after all the term is an abbreviation of Fanatic and it is what makes college football the sport that it is.

Remember, just because it is on the Internet, that doesn't make it so!

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Man Dan View Post
    Won't they be surprised when we show up in street clothes and most of us wearing shoes.
    I'm sure part of their informed fans expect to see the 'Beverly Hillbillies' come rolling into Miami.
    This happens everytime i travel to an OOC away game (bowl game, neutral site, regular season OOC). Plenty of the opposing fans think that we're all inbred hillbillies so they originally have this "superior" attitude. Once they see we're normal people and see how attractive the female bama students are, they get jealous.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    ...there's really no need for this kind of junk. Kind of a slam towards the entire Bama Nation.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...nship-t-shirt/
    Ain`t it just GREAT to be so hated?? We`re the face of the most feared, hated, respected conference in football. Wouldn`t have it any other way! RTR!!

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a shame that on a thread that started out expressing displeasure over the use of the word Cousins, spiraled downward with retorts of Pedophiles and Rapists, as well as Homosexual inuendo. Seems more a validation of Clausen's claim rather than a challenge. We can do better I believe.

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't Jimmy Clausen the dude that showed up to his ND signing day event in a stretch limo, touting he was going to win 4 national championships?

Yeah ... Jimmy. You so silly.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlBamaWagg View Post
    It's a shame that on a thread that started out expressing displeasure over the use of the word Cousins, spiraled downward with retorts of Pedophiles and Rapists, as well as Homosexual inuendo. Seems more a validation of Clausen's claim rather than a challenge. We can do better I believe.
    That's the problem with insulting a particular group to begin with. Once someone takes friendly competition to a personal level they open up a can of worms they probably didn't want to open.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Beautiful set of lowlights...
    It looks a bit like the ND lineman had no interest in keeping Clausen upright in that footage. Wonder if that was a problem with the OL or if the OL had a problem with Clausen.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired on TideFans.com

How about Champions vs. Child Molesters?

I kid, I kid.

BamaNation All-SEC TriCountyTider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by cbi1972 View Post
    Catholics are on real thin ice when it comes to stereotyped sexual proclivities.

I've also seen Golden Domers vs. Mobile Homers
    I don't know if anyone has stated this yet,as I haven't read the whole thread. But, Bama fought back with a classless one of their own. Pedophiles Vs. Pachyderms.
    The avatar picture is of my Daughter Hailee and me. My daughter is a future Crimson Tide cheerleader

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

The only difference between Notre Dame and Alabama is that in addition to their normal fans base from Indiana, Alumni and some band wagoner's that they have a large group that are fans by association or default but couldn't name the starting quarterback to save their lives.

Any non service academy veteran can identify with this fan group when the service academy's play. It's fun, but you don't get angry when your team loses.

So to be honest, as a Catholic, 99.5% are fair weathered fans.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah 63:1 View Post
    Not to mention our head coach
    And some of our staff here...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

one of my idiot co-workers just got one of these.
    Due to the current workload, the light at the end of the tunnel will be temporarily turned off.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com

Jimmy Clausen Designed T-Shirt "Catholics Vs. Cousins" Is Really Low Class

Quote Originally Posted by TriCountyTider View Post
    I don't know if anyone has stated this yet,as I haven't read the whole thread. But, Bama fought back with a classless one of their own. Pedophiles Vs. Pachyderms.
    I haven't seen this shirt.
    ROLL TIDE!