Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: Jimmy Clausen Designed T-Shirt "Catholics Vs. Cousins" Is Really Low Class

Ole Miss is just spanking Pitt! And there goes the S-E-C chant...

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC

In reference to the Golden Domers v Mobile Homers, I think the ND fans might want to google just how big the mobile home industry is in... Indiana. I am sure they offended quite a few in their own backyard with that reference.

BamaNation All-American B1GTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JDCrimson View Post
    In reference to the Golden Domers v Mobile Homers, I think the ND fans might want to google just how big the mobile home industry is in... Indiana. I am sure they offended quite a few in their own backyard with that reference.
    They do not care - alumni are not from that state and have almost no connection with it.

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

All this is no different from what we hear about Alabama on Chattanooga sports radio from Tennessee fans. Tennessee fans! As thought they could point a finger at anyone.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Bamanooga View Post
    All this is no different from what we hear about Alabama on Chattanooga sports radio from Tennessee fans. Tennessee fans! As thought they could point a finger at anyone.
    Yeah when I visit Chattanooga, that Jim Gumm guy & his sidekick are always taking passive aggressive shots at Alabama. They thought the "Catholics vs Cousins" shirt was the funniest thing they've ever heard.

BamaNation Scout Team
    My Mood
    Inpain on TideFans.com

First time poster, obviously. I am a Notre Dame fan who posts on IrishEnvy.com. I joined the site one night after drinking about 6 beers while checking on Bama fans thoughts re: Monday night. The next morning I thought "why did I join, I'm never going to post." Well, here I am.

Anyway, Some people think the shirt was funny and no harm, no foul. I mean there really isn't any "harm", but the shirt isn't even funny---its corny. Im guessing you all know the shirt stems from the Catholics vs Convicts shirt from back when ND played Miami, when BOTH teams were actually playing for NCs. The "Convicts" was a shot at the TEAM (not the fan base) because of their bad boy image that they embraced (See ESPN 30 on 30: The U). Then came Catholics vs. Criminoles in '93 which I thought was funny because I was in 6th or 7th grade. So this Catholics vs Cousins seems to be a shot at all Alabamans(?)(whether or not they are fans of the Tide) and not the team itself, which is dumb and illogical. Any other "Catholics vs x" should just stop.

Plus, the stereotype isnt funny. My dad is from West Virginia and trust me, he hates it that same stereotype. And one thing, as me being a Catholic, No need to be associated with that foolishness. Who would throw that shirt and walk around proud? Prob the same dude who wears Big Johnson T-shirts (which actually were comical when I was young).

BamaNation Hall of Fame IH8Orange's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAtlanta View Post
    Yeah when I visit Chattanooga, that Jim Gumm guy & his sidekick are always taking passive aggressive shots at Alabama. They thought the "Catholics vs Cousins" shirt was the funniest thing they've ever heard.
    It probably was the funniest thing that they've ever heard. In a state where family trees have no branches, all funny things involve cousins.
    "If it feels good, then you're not doing it right" - Coach Scott Cochran

"Sharing a conference with Nick Saban is like sharing a steak with a lion. Only one of you wins that battle. And it's not you." - Gregg Doyel

BamaNation First Team

Its a weakly designed t shirt. 'Catholics vs whatever'.......its played out. Stereotypes or not.

BamaNation Second Team

If they want to deal in general stereotyping, idiocy and low class t-shirts just make some "Champs vs Child Molesters" shirts. Bama is the defending champs and well...or Nick vs NAMBLA as Nick Saban is Bama's coach and all Catholics must...ya know.

I say this in jest and I'm not saying it's funny or cute, but you can't go much lower than that. See how funny they find it...
    Last edited by CraigMack; January 5th, 2013 at 07:17 PM.

Suspended
    My Mood
    Shocked on TideFans.com

Jimmy Clausen Designed T-Shirt "Catholics Vs. Cousins" Is Really Low Class

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. McGibblets View Post
    First time poster, obviously. I am a Notre Dame fan who posts on IrishEnvy.com. I joined the site one night after drinking about 6 beers while checking on Bama fans thoughts re: Monday night. The next morning I thought "why did I join, I'm never going to post." Well, here I am.

Anyway, Some people think the shirt was funny and no harm, no foul. I mean there really isn't any "harm", but the shirt isn't even funny---its corny. Im guessing you all know the shirt stems from the Catholics vs Convicts shirt from back when ND played Miami, when BOTH teams were actually playing for NCs. The "Convicts" was a shot at the TEAM (not the fan base) because of their bad boy image that they embraced (See ESPN 30 on 30: The U). Then came Catholics vs. Criminoles in '93 which I thought was funny because I was in 6th or 7th grade. So this Catholics vs Cousins seems to be a shot at all Alabamans(?)(whether or not they are fans of the Tide) and not the team itself, which is dumb and illogical. Any other "Catholics vs x" should just stop.

Plus, the stereotype isnt funny. My dad is from West Virginia and trust me, he hates it that same stereotype. And one thing, as me being a Catholic, No need to be associated with that foolishness. Who would throw that shirt and walk around proud? Prob the same dude who wears Big Johnson T-shirts (which actually were comical when I was young).
    Great post!

BamaNation Third Team
    live in Henrico County, Richmond, Virginia
    My Mood
    Confused on TideFans.com

As a Catholic from Alabama, I find this classless!
    Perhaps mr. Clausen is one of those "faux" Catholics that his school NOtre Dame has become known for!
    Nick Saban is Catholic I just learned not long ago! Makes me like him even more!

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaforeverme View Post
    As a Catholic from Alabama, I find this classless!
    Perhaps mr. Clausen is one of those "faux" Catholics that his school NOtre Dame has become known for!
    Nick Saban is Catholic I just learned not long ago! Makes me like him even more!
    I think he attends Mass every day...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Thought one of the comments from a fan was funny when he said not to get mad if Bama won and they turned around and printed:

“Hail Mary full of grace,
    Notre Dame’s in second place.”