Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789
    BamaNation Third Team
    live in Henrico County, Richmond, Virginia
    My Mood
    Confused on TideFans.com

Re: Jimmy Clausen Designed T-Shirt "Catholics Vs. Cousins" Is Really Low Class

wow Im really impressed! here is a little story I heard on EWTN where the women's assistant softball coach told about her being Catholic and the story on how she said she prayed about a girl who was having a hard time and her prayer was answered for the girl and she told about seeing Saban at St. Francis every Sunday at 9am Mass. I loved that little church when I walked over the campus in the 75th Iron bowl game. They asked her about playing a catholic university and she said I know but Our lady Mary is an Alabama fan!
    I pray to St. Sebastion, the patron saint of athletes, for Bama and Saban. I feel my prayer was answered when I asked St. Sebastion for intercesion on the last BCS game aganist LSU , then against them again this year and against Georgia! So why should I stop now for the upcoming game even though it is against a Catholic school ( well, as I said before "catholic in name only" school) although I know there are some serious about their faith at that school.
    St. Sebastion, pray for BamaNation!

2. Advertisement

Notre Dame ought to ask Saint Jude for intercession, they'll need it.

BamaNation First Team BornABamaFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

I'm Scottish
    Not Irish
    Go Kiss Someone Else!!

The t-shirt and the comments that followed are offensive. I am so weary of the inbred and IQ comments from this fanbase and others. I don't know if it is just my interpretation of this particular game or not, but the insults seem worse to me this year than past championship years. Also, I am tired of seeing who ESPN choose from Youtube to represent Alabama fans (familes that were all overweight w/extreme dialects or the fan with mullet hair, etc...) that they play over and over. Why don't they show the students on the campus reaction after we won the SEC game? Also, following the SEC game, the show UNITE on ESPNU had one of the two hosts dressed up like an Alabama fan who was barefoot with no shoes, rolled up jeans, mullet hair, etc... I had never seen the show, but it was so insulting that I have not watched it again. Oh well...I guess I am just ready for the stereotypes of the South to be over.

Nothing will probably stop it but a beat down on monday will maybe stop some of it. Its like the old saying,The beatings will continue untill the attitude improves.