Jimmy Clausen Designed T-Shirt "Catholics Vs. Cousins" Is Really Low Class

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Re: Jimmy Clausen Designed T-Shirt "Catholics Vs. Cousins" Is Really Low Class

Religious faith should never be implied as a deciding factor into a sporting event. Tebow made the statement "God doesn't care who wins football games" which I believe is true.

The shirt is classless, tasteless and attacks an entire culture. I hope any southerners that might be on the domer roster rise up and express themselves in a respectful manner as I'm sure our roster members will on January 7th, 2013.

RTR!!!

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN

One nice thing about the article:

"Of course, if you’re an Alabama fan, the only retort necessary is pointing out that Jimmy Clausen is, in fact, Jimmy Clausen."

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile

I hope he gets into an NFL game and all his lineman are from the South blocking against defensive lineman from the South.
Maybe they could arrange a helmet to helmet sack party.
...not happening.

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia

Does anyone know how to play Rammer Jammer on the banjo and fiddle...
Just sayin...

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Previous versions of the T-shirt ... Catholics vs. Convicts before a ND/Miami or FSU game 20 years ago. Both slogans deserve the same response.

Who cares?

This isn't a hate crime. It's the predictable partisan blah-blah before a really fun football game that only two teams get to play, and one of them is ours. Let's leave it at that.

Last edited:

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN

This reminds me of Seinfeld - and Dr. Tim Whatley (or, Walter White).

"So, these jokes offend you as a Jew?"
"No, they offend me as a comedian."

For me, it's not so much offensive as much as they are simply not humorous or creative. I mean, it's like a bad post on a message board.

I mean, if he wants to use his platform to sell these things, fine. If he wants to see a proper way to use the platform of being a high-profile athlete, see Siran Stacy or Shaun Alexander.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

This reminds me of Seinfeld - and Dr. Tim Whatley (or, Walter White).

"So, these jokes offend you as a Jew?"
"No, they offend me as a comedian."

For me, it's not so much offensive as much as they are simply not humorous or creative. I mean, it's like a bad post on a message board.

I mean, if he wants to use his platform to sell these things, fine. If he wants to see a proper way to use the platform of being a high-profile athlete, see Siran Stacy or Shaun Alexander.
He's a high profile athlete making himself look like a high profile idiot

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A

Don't we actually have a pair of cousins, or even brothers, on our roster? I'm sure that was all this was referring to. I took that as a compliment.

But seriously, I love this kind of stuff. Anything that ticks off our players as Nick Saban and Scott Cochran takes them to an away game just means more pancaked linemen and bone-jarring tackles.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.