Link: LB Reuben Foster Updates: Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

Former Georgia and Auburn commit and top linebacker Reuben Foster is back on the market after his de-commitment from Auburn after Gus Malzahn cut ties with former coach Trooper Taylor.

Yep – Foster is the top linebacker in the country who has the Auburn tattoo in the shape of Spiderman.

Foster also has a 3-year-old daughter, and he now says that a good daycare program and babysitters will affect his college decision.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Re: New Recruiting Tactic: Babysitter Needed

So instead of the attractive co-eds, schools need to bring out Nanny 911. LOL!! I hope he is serious about the best interest of his child (getting quality daycare and early grade school) and it's not a ploy to get "free" daycare provided to him by the highest bidder. But that's the cynic in me.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Lest the snide and cynicism go further, it should be noted that the above is a very important consideration for quite a few players.

I know it may be strange to think about it, but a decent number of high school recruits have kids, and family obligations only increase as they get older. On the UA roster now, for example, there are several players who are either married or who have children. Damion Square and Kenny Bell immediately come to mind, for example. In the same vein, Trent had two kids when he signed with 'Bama.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Lest the snide and cynicism go further, it should be noted that the above is a very important consideration for quite a few players.

I know it may be strange to think about it, but a decent number of high school recruits have kids, and family obligations only increase as they get older. On the UA roster now, for example, there are several players who are either married or who have children. Damion Square and Kenny Bell immediately come to mind, for example. In the same vein, Trent had two kids when he signed with 'Bama.
Wasn't Dre's daughter the reason he chose Bama over Texas?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Wasn't Dre's daughter the reason he chose Bama over Texas?
Yes it was but I think that was distance more than anything else. Does anyone know if we (UA) have anything in place that addresses daycare?

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN

I can't speak to our own facilities, but given the number of crybabies at 10rc, they must have a good day-care program. I think it's called "campus."

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Yep. I know it's becoming more prevalent in today's times. I just meant with RF's history, I am cynical about almost anything RF related. That's why I meant I hope he is honest about that aspect of campus and not just looking for some "perk" like trooper deals in.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

DJ Fluker has a gorgeous baby girl and I believe Courtney Upshaw has a daughter who was born while he was at Bama as well.

Sabine Free Sta

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 3, 2012

Some of us old timers are still dealing with cultural shock...we can remember when it was not uncommon for players to by be both parents and married.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Yep. I know it's becoming more prevalent in today's times. I just meant with RF's history, I am cynical about almost anything RF related. That's why I meant I hope he is honest about that aspect of campus and not just looking for some "perk" like trooper deals in.
Oh I know, can't blame you on that one. FWIW, I expect nothing but a circus when it comes to Foster, I was just wanting to point out that is a legitimate concern for some prospects. Who knows what his specific intentions are?

Some of us old timers are still dealing with cultural shock...we can remember when it was not uncommon for players to by be both parents and married.
I understand where you are coming from, used to be very different. For ages Bryant strictly forbid his players from getting married, and generally frowned on them even having girlfriends. He had some quotes on the subject that shouldn't exactly be repeated on a family-friendly site. Again, though, just a different ballgame these days.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Going to just turn this into the Reuben Foster II thread, despite a nagging feeling that we ought to wait a bit longer.

Anyway, let's just keep this solely devoted to recruiting developments for him, aight? No more talk about Trooper, cars, tattoos, whatever, just recruiting updates. We've had 80+ pages on the other nonsense, so all that there is to be said has long since been said.

Just a fair warning: Anything beyond the scope of the above is going to get zapped pretty quickly.

Last edited:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

All right, Foster updates:

Had a very strong showing at the Alabama v. Mississippi All-Star Game, and was the most physical player on the field nearly every time he stepped on it. I would personally want to see him drop a few pounds, but the weight wasn't an issue at all in Montgomery. He was a man among boys.

As for upcoming visits, for now his only plans are official visits to Washington on January 11th and to Georgia on January 25th. We'll see, but I figure the odds are decent that the Washington trip gets canceled before all is said and done.

He has said that he will not take an official visit to Auburn, just because he doesn't see the reason to given that he lives in town. He has remained non-committal to AU and Malzahn, but is still considering them.

Outside of that, it's all up in the air at this point. Presumably he will take all five official visits, so he's still got at least three more trips to plan, and perhaps even four (if UW falls through). There has been talk of him visiting Texas A&M, but nothing official yet. For the most part, outside of the OV to UGA, everything else is just guesswork right now.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Kirby talked to Foster after the game on Saturday. An Auburn fan was shouting for Kirby to get away from him. I had to laugh when I read that.

Boo Radley

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2003
Domus Dulcis Alabamus

Kirby talked to Foster after the game on Saturday. An Auburn fan was shouting for Kirby to get away from him. I had to laugh when I read that.
Andrew Bone from TideSports.com wrote that Foster basically ignored CKS, who wanted to speak to him after the game. Foster keeps flippin us off, but we still pursue. He may be Clowney 2.0, but I'd rather recruit players who have a mutual interest (and don't expect the coaching staff to provide daycare for their kids). I'm just baffled that the door remains open for him, and wouldn't be surprised to hear that he's demanding a Trooper deal.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Andrew Bone from TideSports.com wrote that Foster basically ignored CKS, who wanted to speak to him after the game. Foster keeps flippin us off, but we still pursue. He may be Clowney 2.0, but I'd rather recruit players who have a mutual interest (and don't expect the coaching staff to provide daycare for their kids). I'm just baffled that the door remains open for him, and wouldn't be surprised to hear that he's demanding a Trooper deal.
This is the tweet from Bone I referenced in my post:

@AndrewJBone
Kirby Smart was talking to Reuben Foster today. A 45-year old male (best guess) wearing an AU jersey kept screaming stay away from him Kirby

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Why would Alabama continue to pursue a teenager who lacks basic respect for those who would have to be able to control him later?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Does Kirby talking to Reuben Foster have to mean we are still pursuing?
I suspect that Smart is too busy to waste his time one someone who is that disrespectful to him for any other reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.