Link: LB Reuben Foster Updates: Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Bone mentioned the barn fan.
Your first post said Bone reported Foster didn't want to talk to Smart. If he did that, why is he tweeting about the Auburn fan? Can he not decide what is going on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: New Recruiting Tactic: Babysitter Needed

Re: the exchange between Smart and Foster:

I don't think it was necessarily anything punitive or ill-intentioned on the part of Foster, but just kind of indicative of the general indifference he has had towards us for a while now. I wouldn't read anything more into it than that.

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia

just kind of indicative of the general indifference he has had towards us for a while now. I wouldn't read anything more into it than that.
The kid has become close friends with Trooper and Lupers sons, I would expect him to be totally engulfed with nothing but negative things about the University of Alabama and I don't see anything that would change that between now and NSD.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

The young man does not know if he needs to wash or hang out right now.
You hate to just give up on the kid. There is probably hope for him if he has the right mentor. He needs to stay away from Trooper Taylor, I have a feeling Ol Trooper will taint anything he's around. CKS and CNS probably feel they can help him if he gives them a chance. Fosters loss not ours, we will be winning long after he is in jail if he goes that route.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I'm not going to say what I'm thinking, but I hope this turns out the way it's looking right now.

We don't need character issues on campus.

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.
I am painting this with a broad brush but why does a college have to provide day care for a players child? Most employers don't provide child services for an employee.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
I am painting this with a broad brush but why does a college have to provide day care for a players child? Most employers don't provide child services for an employee.
i dont think he means providing as far as the school providing. he just means in general terms, going somwhere that can provide good child care. i dont know how to put this without bashing Foster. i know his relatives. i'll just say he's very challenged intellectually. could even be some type of disorder. Even if he comes to Bama he would not see meaningful playing time other than special teams and mop up duty until at least his Jr year IMO. that is one of the reasons he flipped to Auburn because how they'd make his assignments simple. He had trouble with Auburn High's defensive scheme.

Last edited:

rammerjammer69

Scout Team
Apr 28, 2009

I'm not going to say what I'm thinking, but I hope this turns out the way it's looking right now.

We don't need character issues on campus.
I tend to agree. It doesn't matter how physically gifted a player RF is. Unless he can make significant changes in his personal life and work ethic, he won't play much (if at all) for us. My guess is he would hurt our team from a morale and team unity standpoint more than he could help. That said, I think if RF could buy in to the process, playing for Saban would be the best thing for him in his personal and professional life. The problem is that he is likely too far gone at this point and it's a shame. It will be interesting to see how things turn out for him. I predict a Willie Williams scenario with him, but I hope I'm wrong and he can turn things around wherever he ends up.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Have to trust Coach Saban on this one. I'll admit, from afar this kid looks toxic, but things are not always as they appear. Also, we are not in possession of all the facts as they relate to his situation and case--the coaching staff is.

Last edited:

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

I trust Coach Saban on this one. I'll admit, from afar this kid looks toxic, but things are not always as they appear. Also, we are not in possession of all the facts--while the coaching staff is.
Have to agree. I think Coach Saban is an extremely good at judging character and if he makes the decision to take his kid, there is an established team council and mentoring programs to help Foster succeed and hopefully he will learn enough to reach the heights of his God given talent.

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
i dont think he means providing as far as the school providing. he just means in general terms, going somwhere that can provide good child care. i dont know how to put this without bashing Foster. i know his relatives. i'll just say he's very challenged intellectually. could even be some type of disorder. Even if he comes to Bama he would not see meaningful playing time other than special teams and mop up duty until at least his Jr year IMO. that is one of the reasons he flipped to Auburn because how they'd make his assignments simple. He had trouble with Auburn High's defensive scheme.
With all due respect, this isn't an appropriate way to speak about a HS football player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.