Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast

Saban addressing the rumors he might be leaving Alabama

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/in...at_alabam.html

"This has been a good thing for my family to be here," Saban said. "College football has been very good for us. The positive impact that you can have on these young men as players and as people, that's just something that we really enjoy and something that I learned about myself."

"I really enjoy what I'm doing here right now. I'm getting old now. I don't think we've got too many moves left in us. You develop a lot of relationships and loyalties to the players you recruit and the players you have on the team and the people you have in the organization. I don't think it's really fair to leave. I regretted when I left LSU because I left a lot of relationships there. Hopefully I'll be able to stay here for a long, long time."

When asked about the perception that he is unhappy, Saban said the perception does not match up with reality.

"Maybe I don't always show it and maybe I'm always worried about the next game. I'm happy, I'm very, very happy. I'm very pleased and happy with what we've been able to accomplish here."

"We haven't practiced for two weeks since that game so I haven't had the chance to yell at anybody. We start practice tomorrow so everybody better tie it on."
    Also, at the bottom of the link you can listen to the full audio of the interview.
    Last edited by rhm54; December 17th, 2012 at 05:06 PM. Reason: More information
    You will suffer through one of two things in life, either the pain of discipline or the pain of disappointment - Nick Saban

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Saban addressing the rumors he might be leaving Alabama

So he does plan to move?

I really enjoy what I'm doing here right now. I'm getting old now. I don't think we've got too many moves left in us.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Finally!!! Can we now make it a rule that if you talk about Coach Saban leaving you're stuck with an Auburn icon?
    "We have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate."

BamaNation First Team

Ron Jaworski finds this unsatisfactory.

I love the last partů.We haven't practiced for two weeks since that game so I haven't had the chance to yell at anybody. We start practice tomorrow so everybody better tie it on.

RTR!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    So he does plan to move?
    SEC rivals everywhere: "So you're saying there is a chance?!"

BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    So he does plan to move?
    Are you dissecting words and context?

I wouldn't read too much into it. It sounds and looks like he is happy here. I think what he said about the idea of him helping kids speaks louder. At this point in his career, it sounds like that is the legacy he wants to leave as opposed to moving up the ladder in the near future.

It tips more towards he's staying, since that is a national topic, but I have never liked "right now". If a coach is going to stay, all he really has to do is say it. But on the flip side that is what got him in trouble. So maybe he has a rule against saying anything definitive.

The fan base when coach Saba arrived was like someone crawling out of the desert asking for some water and he gets the fire hose.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RollinTider1335 View Post
    I'm being sarcastic.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    SEC rivals everywhere: "So you're saying there is a chance?!"
    That's hilarious! Because most fit the Dumb and Dumber mold.

Roll Tide Roll!!
    Bama 871-314-44 72.6% On the field

23 SEC CHAMPIONSHIPS

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Made me a little more comfortable but it's still a chance. He still had lessons to learn himself. I just hope he's learned from his past mistakes.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RollinTider1335 View Post

I wouldn't read too much into it. It sounds and looks like he is happy here. I think what he said about the idea of him helping kids speaks louder. At this point in his career, it sounds like that is the legacy he wants to leave as opposed to moving up the ladder in the near future.
    He put a wink face there for a reason