Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Saban addressing the rumors he might be leaving Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    This last one, complete with psychoanalysis of Saban really wins the booby prize...
    He's trolling for clicks and it's working.

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by psupoop View Post
    He's trolling for clicks and it's working.
    Yep...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Depressed on TideFans.com

So three sources tell one reporter the idea of Saban to the NFL is nuts but another reporter has a fourth source who says it's a done deal.

(I always thought you weren't supposed to report unless you had independent verification from TWO sources, but what do I know).
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again

Only a few people in the world have the ability to remember everything. I'm one of them. Pick any day of my life, and I can tell you what I saw or heard.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    So three sources tell one reporter the idea of Saban to the NFL is nuts but another reporter has a fourth source who says it's a done deal.

(I always thought you weren't supposed to report unless you had independent verification from TWO sources, but what do I know).
    At one time that was true. But that was pre-internet, Twitter, and everything else. There was a time when getting it right was more important than getting it first, but that time has passed. Now, it only matters that you put something out there to generate buzz. Whether it's correct or not is almost an afterthought.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Today's journalism: somebody says it may be true, report it.

My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Love the Ping View Post
    At one time that was true. But that was pre-internet, Twitter, and everything else. There was a time when getting it right was more important than getting it first, but that time has passed. Now, it only matters that you put something out there to generate buzz. Whether it's correct or not is almost an afterthought.
    The funny thing about that (not really "funny" but anyway) was that when Reagan was shot at least two of the networks reported that Press Secretary James Brady had died.

You'd think back then GETTING IT RIGHT would have been important. But hey, it's not like anyone ever said, for example, "Dewey Beats Truman."

Only a few people in the world have the ability to remember everything. I'm one of them. Pick any day of my life, and I can tell you what I saw or heard.

My Mood

And the links just keep on coming:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...15--ncaaf.html

Saban did effectively build a core in Miami and not surprisingly had solid drafts but college coaching always seemed the best fit for his personality.

Which is why a return to the NFL doesn’t seem to be in the picture for Saban who seems content to keep rolling with the Tide

(You know - if I didn't know better, I'd swear that Yahoo is just running a bunch of articles both ways so some clown with a self-esteem issue can say, "See I was right" whatever happens).

Suspended

That situation has affected alot of things and people. Saban, Drew Brees, NO Saints. Just think of everything that has happened to those 3 things because the docs would not clear Brees to Miami. I for one think Saban will never go back to the NFL. He has 99% control over whatever he wants in college and is lucky to have 50% in the NFL. To many people to answer to for a results type person.

BamaNation All-SEC WylieTexasTider's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I believe the ONLY chance of Saban leaving is if after we destroy ND he feels he can't do anything else having 3 titles in 4 years and the most wins ever over a 4 year period in the SEC. If he did leave all we as fans can do is say "THANK YOU" and know the program is in good hands with Kirby. If Les Miles' goofy self can continue the 'process', imagine what Kirby can do seeing he has lived it for the past 10+ years. The 'process' has only gotten better over the past 6 years...

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by WylieTexasTider View Post
    I believe the ONLY chance of Saban leaving is if after we destroy ND he feels he can't do anything else having 3 titles in 4 years and the most wins ever over a 4 year period in the SEC. If he did leave all we as fans can do is say "THANK YOU" and know the program is in good hands with Kirby. If Les Miles' goofy self can continue the 'process', imagine what Kirby can do seeing he has lived it for the past 10+ years. The 'process' has only gotten better over the past 6 years...
    Well, 4 titles in 5 years would be better, right?
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan K. Simpson

He might leave Bama when that little wall behind his statue looks like this one:

Well we all know that anything "can" happen. And that is what the rest of the country is dreaming about. Dream On Suckers!

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Idk why this thread is still even up. It is pretty obvious Saban is happy at Alabama.