Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Re: Saban addressing the rumors he might be leaving Alabama

For me the most telling line in the entire quote is this

I don't think it's really fair to leave.
    You will suffer through one of two things in life, either the pain of discipline or the pain of disappointment - Nick Saban

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

The whole thing about LSU ought to tell you all you need to know.

It was a mistake for him ever to leave there... and he knows it. (Quite honestly, that's probably why the LSU folks have never gotten over it and never will).

Nick Saban has never been one to make the same mistake twice...

BamaNation First Team fralo4tide's Avatar

And the whole collegiate world utters a collective...

DANG IT!!!!

BamaNation All-American AlistarWills's Avatar
    My Mood
    Tired on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RollinTider1335 View Post
    Are you dissecting words and context?

I wouldn't read too much into it. It sounds and looks like he is happy here. I think what he said about the idea of him helping kids speaks louder. At this point in his career, it sounds like that is the legacy he wants to leave as opposed to moving up the ladder in the near future.
    I want to reiterate this. I would encourage folks to listen to Coach's radio show on Thursdays during the season. My wife and I make it appointment radio. We've learned so much about Coach Saban and why he is the way he is. The people in his life that have molded him. The man truly relishes in being able to affect people, young men, and helping them grow as people. I truly believe that helping the players and molding them into strong men is one of the biggest factors that led to him leaving Miami. He just couldn't do it at the NFL level because of the attitudes of the players.
    I've read the end of The Book and I know who wins!

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    The whole thing about LSU ought to tell you all you need to know.

It was a mistake for him ever to leave there... and he knows it. (Quite honestly, that's probably why the LSU folks have never gotten over it and never will).

Nick Saban has never been one to make the same mistake twice...
    He ended up better off. He would not have reached the level he has here at LSU. He would have won but reaching the BCS title game 3 out of 4 years, I don't think so.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    So he does plan to move?
    To Lake Burton when he retires at age 75 with a bunch more SEC/BCS championships!!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CullmanTide View Post
    He ended up better off. He would not have reached the level he has here at LSU. He would have won but reaching the BCS title game 3 out of 4 years, I don't think so.
    I'm not so sure about that.

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

While I see both sides, Shula and Dubose wouldn't win 10 games at LSU. Faster, better with more sustain at Bama.

BamaNation All-American

He is the best coach at the best school with the right leadership. It's a perfect storm.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

He was at LSWHO for 5 years and won 2 SEC championships and won 1 BCS championship with 1 appearance so while I think he would have won a lot on a consistent basis I don't see him winning like we have over the last 4 years.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

There was an interview a short while back where Coach Saban was saying that he had offers from elsewhere at the end of last season.

He explained that he talked to Terry and she said.."If you're thinking about going because you want to win a Super Bowl you're going for the wrong reasons". Coach accordingly told his agent to inform the teams making inquiries that he wasn't interested.

I think it's very important to Coach Saban that he feels his coaching of players makes a positive difference in their development as people.

That's very difficult to do in the pro's as he experienced first hand in Miami.

Even more important I think is that Terry likes Nick making a difference in the lives of young people. And I think she's very happy in T-Town. More times than not what Mama wants is what Mama gets.

I honestly think he said, "happy here right now" just so he couldn't possibly be called "a liar" by the media if something did come up to make him choose to leave in the future. Just covering his bases.

At any rate I'm just glad he's here. I honestly believe he thinks he can break the record of six national titles by one coach and I think he'll retire once that goal is achieved.

Who knows? Absolutely no one but Nick and Terry Saban. I just appreciate him very much and "right now"...I just want him to kick Notre Dame's butt.

sip

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJ View Post
    He was at LSWHO for 5 years and won 2 SEC championships and won 1 BCS championship with 1 appearance so while I think he would have won a lot on a consistent basis I don't see him winning like we have over the last 4 years.
    To play devil's advocate, his success at LSU helped bring in those early recruiting classes at Alabama.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

I see where you're coming from Tide Engineer and I agree. LSU is in the absolute perfect recruiting location. Adjoining Texas, Arkansas, Mississippi, close to Mobile and a stones throw from Florida.

Had Coach Saban stayed there they might possibly have won every national title since 2003.