Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Re: Saban addressing the rumors he might be leaving Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    I see where you're coming from Tide Engineer and I agree. LSU is in the absolute perfect recruiting location. Adjoining Texas, Arkansas, Mississippi, close to Mobile and a stones throw from Florida.

Had Coach Saban stayed there they might possibly have won every national title since 2003.
    Look at the talent level of those teams immediately following his departure. They could have easily won every one from 2005-2007.

Goodness... look at the success Les Miles has had down there. Switch Saban back in at LSU, and you remove the behemoth that we've become... LSU owns this division and the SEC.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

LSU stumbled a bit in 2004. Randall was just a poor QB for them. They could have won at least conference title in 2002 if not for Mauck getting hurt and forcing Randall onto the field.

I think the 2005 team would have probably won a title with Saban which is a big reason why Les had such a mild relationship with LSU fans early on...they thought that team should have won a title that very year. LSU with a matured Saban-led program from 2005 through 2007 could have been a terror.
    Last edited by rgw; December 17th, 2012 at 05:25 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    LSU stumbled a bit in 2004. Randall was just a poor QB for them. They could have won a title conference title in 2002 if not for Mauck getting hurt and forcing Randall onto the field.

I think the 2005 team would have probably won a title with Saban which is a big reason why Les had such a mild relationship with LSU fans early on...they thought that team should have won a title that very year. LSU with a matured Saban-led program from 2005 through 2007 could have been a terror.
    Agreed. He did a rebuilding job here but he took a disaster there with very little tradition and was on his way to building a juggernaut.

My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    Look at the talent level of those teams immediately following his departure. They could have easily won every one from 2005-2007.

Goodness... look at the success Les Miles has had down there. Switch Saban back in at LSU, and you remove the behemoth that we've become... LSU owns this division and the SEC.
    I don't think anyone using common sense could argue that point.

BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Saban addressing the rumors he might be leaving Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    He put a wink face there for a reason
    Sorry. I didn't catch that before. :-)

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar

Very classy of Coach Saban to even talk to this guy. Retard uh....LeBartard was one of the most critical when he left Miami. If he had said of me what he said of him, I would not have given him the time of day.

My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

If you actually listen to the audio interview I think you'll agree---Coach Saban's not leaving. He also did an incredible job of mending fences.

I have no idea about Lebartard but there was a mutual respect between all parties involved. That was very good, and YES, Coach has hired a PR director...trust me lol...

He has improved beyond belief.

sip

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

LeBatard is much like Paul Finebaum. Though both started as sports journalists, they've transcended that title and have become media personalities. With that said, sometimes they will say some things to get attention or appease the interests at the moment of the audience. Their product is selling the words out of their mouth and sometimes that requires being a bit more edgy than even he realizes is needed.

LeBatard seems to have known that Saban left Miami not out of hate for the city or franchise but because he just didn't fit in the pro game like he thought. Unfortunately, saying that wasn't going to goad people into listening.

BamaNation All-American IMALOYAL1's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

So he does plan to move?
    there's always a chance.........

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post

While I agree with everything you have pointed out, my point is at Alabama you have a certain mindset about winning, specifically championships, that you don't have at other schools including LSU. So if the culture does not promote winning and the confidence that goes with it you may not win as many championships at some places even with a HOF coach and great talent IMO.

Live and be happy with the present as none of us are guaranteed a future! ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by IMALOYAL1 View Post
    there's always a chance.........
    For those Tennessee guys that is another WINK!

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by MOAN View Post
    Live and be happy with the present as none of us are guaranteed a future! ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    Beyond the 21st DEc.