Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Re: Saban addressing the rumors he might be leaving Alabama

QUESTION: If Les has a contract guaranteeing that he will be the highest paid coach in the SEC, what would happen if Coach Saban had the same contract?
    Life is short, ocassionally bend the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by capnfrog View Post
    QUESTION: If Les has a contract guaranteeing that he will be the highest paid coach in the SEC, what would happen if Coach Saban had the same contract?
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quit parsing words. How clear does he have to make it. He is staying. Mrs Terri Likes T-town and she ain't leaving.

My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

Big A Re: Saban addressing the rumors he might be leaving Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by DrollTide View Post
    Ron Jaworski finds this unsatisfactory.
    Ron Jaworski is a moron, a lame announcer, and never was a very good QB. And he's probably a Dommer.

RTR
    15 National Championships
    They've got a name for the winners of the world, and i want a name when i lose, They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blue.( Steely Dan 1978 )

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by capnfrog View Post
    IANAL, but it's been explained to me that those are 'at X time' clauses. When the coach hits a certain mark (BCSCG win, for example), that kicks in and makes him the highest paid coach at that time, not in perpetuity.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

I think you can read into CNS's comments almost anything you choose. The statements "I don't think we've got too many moves left in us" and " I don't think it's really fair to leave" aren't all that reassuring to Alabama fans. I just want him to guide Alabama to a win over Notre Dame. After that, if he feels that for personal or professional reasons he needs to move on, I for one would thank him for his many accomplishments at Alabama and wish him the best.

BamaNation Hall of Fame lafella's Avatar

I think it doesn't matter what he says, how he says, or where he says it at. Their will always be talking about someone going after him or him entertaining offers. The only time anyone will ever listen without doubt is when he says. it's been fun but I'm headed to the lake to watch some ducks.
    Hey Daddy why doesn't Auburn have a number beside their name? 5 year old son during the iron bowl.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

..That screaming that you hear is Auburn fans dying a death of a thousand cuts now.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    IANAL, but it's been explained to me that those are 'at X time' clauses. When the coach hits a certain mark (BCSCG win, for example), that kicks in and makes him the highest paid coach at that time, not in perpetuity.
    Interesting phrase to make an acronym there

I think it's clear to anybody who listens that Coach Saban will be at Alabama until he retires
    That's the paradox of success. The moment you stop to enjoy it, you are in trouble. You have to keep moving forward. It's not what you have done that's important. It's where you are going.
    Alabama Coach Nick Saban

Now, maybe we can have a serious discussion about how we are going to balance the legacy that CNS is building versus CPB's legacy that we have so esteemed over these many years. If CNS accomplishes as much or more in a shorter tenure what do we do as a university and a fanbase do to properly show our appreciation? Do we rename BDS? Do we name a street after him? He doesnt have a houndstooth trademark to acknowledge him by - what will we as fans do to acknowledge him long after his tenure is over? I am serious... I dont think it is fair to the man if he goes on to equal or surpass the achievements of Bear but we still view him as second tier. He resurrected our program. I love CPB but I think when he is finished CNS will deserve the same adoration, accolades, and appreciation from us just the same.

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JDCrimson View Post
    I dont think it is fair to the man if he goes on to equal or surpass the achievements of Bear but we still view him as second tier.
    Why would anyone think that? This isn't even appropriate for discussion IMO!

Suspended

Not a doubt in my mind that if CNS had stayed at LSU they would have won at least one more BCS and several conference titles. They were a terror while he was there and he was on his way to turning them into an absolute monster.

No wonder they're still ticked.

BamaNation Second Team James Eagle's Avatar
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RollinTider1335 View Post
    Are you dissecting words and context?

I wouldn't read too much into it. It sounds and looks like he is happy here. I think what he said about the idea of him helping kids speaks louder. At this point in his career, it sounds like that is the legacy he wants to leave as opposed to moving up the ladder in the near future.
    Based upon the view he currently has from the rung he's standing on, I'd say he's already reached the top of the ladder.