Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: Saban addressing the rumors he might be leaving Alabama

Here is my new revised thoughts.

Coach Saban is not going anywhere and for that we are truly blessed. He is St. Nick again.
    He will coach at least 6 more years, if not more.

*coach Saban will not act on impulses like he once did(the adventure days are over)
    *I thought maybe he was getting ready to retire, but obviously he is going to be like Spurrier and let it keep him young.
    *His comments were an attempt to be as diplomatic as possible, went way out of his way to not offend the NFL.
    *He is still Coach Saban, so comments like a few more moves left, are off the cusp and could mean anything, like # of moves to the office and back.

While Jaworski is a jerk, he demonstrated very well that over the top Bama fans are much more likeable than over the top NFL commentators.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamainBoston's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    according to Colin Cowherd, the interview proves he will leave for the NFL.
    - His wife says winning is no longer fun at Bama
    - Chip Kelly getting love, Harbaugh and Carroll doing well in the league digs at him
    - Goes on Miami radio, apologizes for the way he left. why go on radio in an NFL city?
    - More games in the NFL.
    Cowherd, always an idiot, is especially idiotic with the third point.

Quote Originally Posted by BamainBoston View Post
    Yep, that one was a real reach...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamainBoston View Post
    Man, that guy is annoying. Everything about him.
    "Um, that's just like, your opinion, man."

- The Dude

BamaNation All-American We_are_Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

The barners are naturally all over this. They thought they saw something in the works that would help them out tremendously. Saban leaving, and them hiring Smart. Neither is happening, so they are back to wallowing in their misery. Since Saban's arrival, I have heard his name mentioned for job openings every single year around this time. After the 2007 season, the rumor was Saban back to LSU. (That was when it was believed that Miles was taking the then vacant Michigan job) After the 2008 season, the rumors ranged from Clemson to Washington, and a few rumblings about a couple of NFL openings. After the 2009 season, the rumors were Penn State (they thought Joe Pa was about to have to give it up due to health reasons) and of course, some NFL openings. After the 2010 season, the big rumor was Saban to Dallas, with a little bit of rumblings about the San Francisco opening. After the 2011 season, the rumor was Saban to Tampa Bay. And now, it's Cleveland. A lot of extra media pot stirring went in to this one due to his previous ties there, but that's about it. Saban could coach at Bama until he is in his 80's, and still, his name will come up every year about this time.
    When my grandma left this life, I didn't say bye. I said see you later.

RIP, Grandma. Forever in my heart.
    01/04/1926-08/11/2012

My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.

Another link with more indications that Saban is not leaving for Clevland

http://espncleveland.com/common/more...7&post_id=9761

Over the years, Lombardi has forged relationships in the agent business. One that Lombardi has maintained is with Jimmy Sexton. Sexton happens to be Alabama coach Nick Saban’s agent. This relationship partially explains the Saban-to-Cleveland rumors.

Independently, Saban, who has built a national powerhouse at Alabama, is believed to be Haslam’s first choice to coach the Browns. Lombardi is well aware of that, of course. According to a source, Lombardi has gained traction with Haslam by attaching himself to Saban’s coattails.

I have now have had three credible sources – two in the NFL and one in the college ranks – swear to me that Saban has no attraction whatsoever to Lombardi. One insisted Saban wouldn’t work with Lombardi “in a thousand years.” Another on Monday said there is “zero chance” Saban would leave Alabama to work alongside Lombardi in Cleveland.

There is one rumor that Haslam is prepared to offer Saban a $100 million deal over 10 years to coach the Browns.

Two sources who know Saban have told me that Saban is leaning toward staying at Alabama and if he ever sought to scratch that NFL itch again, it would not be in Cleveland. Once Saban left Michigan State in East Lansing, Mich., said one source, he has never traveled north of Tennessee.

Sexton and Lombardi could be scratching each other’s backs on the Saban rumors, said one source. The theory is that Lombardi gains stature with the Browns by forwarding this tall tale, and Saban inevitably will gain a new deal with Alabama. The Crimson Tide could and would re-up whatever it takes to keep him, said a source.
    Last edited by rhm54; December 18th, 2012 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Formatting
    You will suffer through one of two things in life, either the pain of discipline or the pain of disappointment - Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    according to Colin Cowherd, the interview proves he will leave for the NFL.
    - His wife says winning is no longer fun at Bama
    - Chip Kelly getting love, Harbaugh and Carroll doing well in the league digs at him
    - Goes on Miami radio, apologizes for the way he left. why go on radio in an NFL city?
    - More games in the NFL.
    There are times when he really just goes off the deep end with his comments. And some of these espn guys just think the NFL hangs the moon with everyone and how dare anything to do with college football be seen as being better than the NFL.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I don't think he went to Miami and furthermore they probably only landed him on the show because of his friendship with Jason Taylor and the upcoming game in the city.

BamaNation First Team

Wasn't Dan Lebatard the guy that wrote the piece about how overrated Saban was as a coach when he left Miami for Alabama and said he wouldn't win at Alabama either?

I wish somebody could dredge up that brilliant piece of literature.

BamaNation First Team Lost in TN's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    I don't think he went to Miami and furthermore they probably only landed him on the show because of his friendship with Jason Taylor and the upcoming game in the city.
    Bingo!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame gmart74's Avatar
    My Mood
    Innocent on TideFans.com

The thing that a lot of other people don't understand is that if Saban got up tomorrow and retired, I (and I think the vast majority of Bama fans) would thank him for everything he did here. He is worth every penny we paid him, worth every bit of anguish getting him here, and worth every ounce of hate the national media heaped on him and us when he got here. I expected him to return us to an elite level. However I had no clue this is what he would accomplish. The only thing I couldn't forgive him for is if he would leave here and go to Auburn. But ANYTHING else and I would thank him for his time here and have fond memories. We went from the abyss to the absolute pinnacle in less than 4 yrs. I would say he has done an incredible job. So I'm happy every day he stays here and when he leaves I will be just as glad bc I will know he gave us much more than we had any right to expect.

BamaNation First Team

"Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeYahoo Talked to a source about Saban and NFL. In 20 yrs, never heard this guy "that's not happening" any more emphatically. For what that's worth. "

BamaNation Second Team scoretide's Avatar

Well kiss it AUBIE'S the man you love to hate is not going anywhere!!!! We shall see how well the guss buss works when the Wheels fall off! OH AND THEY WILL !!!!
    "saban has awoken a sleeping GIANT"