Link: Saban addressing the rumors he might be leaving Alabama

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Love the Ping

All-SEC
Jun 15, 2005
It's never going to stop, because anyone with an "anonymous source" can write whatever they want to write. Besides, a denial by Saban is only going to be laughed at by those who insist he is looking at the NFL. At this point, though, there's no reason to worry too much about it. Even if he leaves, he's done more for this program than I could have imagined six years ago and he has set us up for success in the future.

Love the Ping

All-SEC
Jun 15, 2005
I don't know if he's going or staying, but the idea that Saban would be interviewing assistants for the Browns at this point is laughable. He is super deliberate when hiring his assistants here, even when he's been in place for several years. Are we to seriously believe he's interviewing assistants for a job he doesn't have?

How in the world is the media going to help ND win - are they suiting up against us?
Might as well be. You don't think the kids aren't paying attention. Everything is being said is about ND or some coach from Bama leaving, including the head. I'm sure coach has talked to the team and made a definite statement to them and they will act likewise. I believe coach is staying, but he has yet to say I will be coaching Bama next season, this year.

Key phrase "this year."

I think he killed all rumors last season when he signed the extension. But we'll see...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Are we to seriously believe he's interviewing assistants for a job he doesn't have?
Or that he's focusing on anything other than the task at hand.

Anyone who even remotely understands his 'process' know there's zero chance he's thinking about anything beyond Jan7th, aside from maybe some recruiting. Heck, he wouldn't even meet with CMM until after the 'fins regular season was over...

Or that he's focusing on anything other than the task at hand.

Anyone who even remotely understands his 'process' know there's zero chance he's thinking about anything beyond Jan7th, aside from maybe some recruiting. Heck, he wouldn't even meet with CMM until after the 'fins regular season was over...
But the conveniently leave things like that out.

Love the Ping

All-SEC
Jun 15, 2005
The only thing that would quiet this would be something absurd like a lifetime contract and a $20 million buyout. Neither is likely to happen, obviously.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
No doubt. Had a little bit of a blank stare when I read that one. As others have said, we might as well get used to this every year. When you got the best college coach in the business everybody will try to take their best shot at him. It is what it is.
In the other thread where this article, if you can call it that, popped up, I compared this guy to a southern TV weatherman forecasting snow. Hit it and you're a genius. Miss it and nobody remembers.

Love the Ping

All-SEC
Jun 15, 2005
In the other thread where this article, if you can call it that, popped up, I compared this guy to a southern TV weatherman forecasting snow. Hit it and you're a genius. Miss it and nobody remembers.
Good point. And Cole really can't lose because he plays both sides of the fence in his article. One source tells him that Saban to the NFL "isn't happening." The other says he's hiring coaches. Lookee here, I'm going to be right either way!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
So three sources tell one reporter the idea of Saban to the NFL is nuts but another reporter has a fourth source who says it's a done deal.

(I always thought you weren't supposed to report unless you had independent verification from TWO sources, but what do I know).

Love the Ping

All-SEC
Jun 15, 2005
So three sources tell one reporter the idea of Saban to the NFL is nuts but another reporter has a fourth source who says it's a done deal.

(I always thought you weren't supposed to report unless you had independent verification from TWO sources, but what do I know).
At one time that was true. But that was pre-internet, Twitter, and everything else. There was a time when getting it right was more important than getting it first, but that time has passed. Now, it only matters that you put something out there to generate buzz. Whether it's correct or not is almost an afterthought.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.