Link: Saban addressing the rumors he might be leaving Alabama

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
At one time that was true. But that was pre-internet, Twitter, and everything else. There was a time when getting it right was more important than getting it first, but that time has passed. Now, it only matters that you put something out there to generate buzz. Whether it's correct or not is almost an afterthought.
The funny thing about that (not really "funny" but anyway) was that when Reagan was shot at least two of the networks reported that Press Secretary James Brady had died.

You'd think back then GETTING IT RIGHT would have been important. But hey, it's not like anyone ever said, for example, "Dewey Beats Truman."

:)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
And the links just keep on coming:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...an-regrets-way-left-nfl-152328015--ncaaf.html

Saban did effectively build a core in Miami and not surprisingly had solid drafts but college coaching always seemed the best fit for his personality.

Which is why a return to the NFL doesn’t seem to be in the picture for Saban who seems content to keep rolling with the Tide

(You know - if I didn't know better, I'd swear that Yahoo is just running a bunch of articles both ways so some clown with a self-esteem issue can say, "See I was right" whatever happens).

chalkpit

Suspended
May 31, 2012
That situation has affected alot of things and people. Saban, Drew Brees, NO Saints. Just think of everything that has happened to those 3 things because the docs would not clear Brees to Miami. I for one think Saban will never go back to the NFL. He has 99% control over whatever he wants in college and is lucky to have 50% in the NFL. To many people to answer to for a results type person.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I believe the ONLY chance of Saban leaving is if after we destroy ND he feels he can't do anything else having 3 titles in 4 years and the most wins ever over a 4 year period in the SEC. If he did leave all we as fans can do is say "THANK YOU" and know the program is in good hands with Kirby. If Les Miles' goofy self can continue the 'process', imagine what Kirby can do seeing he has lived it for the past 10+ years. The 'process' has only gotten better over the past 6 years...

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
I believe the ONLY chance of Saban leaving is if after we destroy ND he feels he can't do anything else having 3 titles in 4 years and the most wins ever over a 4 year period in the SEC. If he did leave all we as fans can do is say "THANK YOU" and know the program is in good hands with Kirby. If Les Miles' goofy self can continue the 'process', imagine what Kirby can do seeing he has lived it for the past 10+ years. The 'process' has only gotten better over the past 6 years...
Well, 4 titles in 5 years would be better, right?:wink:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.