Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team

Re: Saban addressing the rumors he might be leaving Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by BamaSam1 View Post
    All this talk about Coach Saban leaving makes me think it is something concocted solely by the media to serve as a distraction from what Alabama is trying to accomplish. In particular, Collin Cowherd made a big deal out of Saban appearing on a "MIAMI" based radio show. My take is that Coach Saban knows that his leaving Miami is going to be a very hot topic since the NCG is being played there,and I believe he is merely trying to put some of the clutter to bed.
    The media hates Alabama and Coach Saban. It's no secret. They've been rooting against us ever since he set foot on our campus as head coach. They're doing everything they can to help Notre Dame win this game.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar

[QUOTE=WalkaboutSean;2067894]Saban was asked about this issue during his 12/18 press conference. He shrugged the NFL rumors off as completely unfounded. He also laughed and told the media, "Y'all are asking the wrong person. Miss Terry makes all the decisions about all that stuff, anyway."

Hey, that's right! Has everyone given their daily thanks to Rita today? If not, include Miss Terry.
    Last edited by ALA2262; December 20th, 2012 at 10:01 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMan09 View Post
    The media hates Alabama and Coach Saban. It's no secret. They've been rooting against us ever since he set foot on our campus as head coach. They're doing everything they can to help Notre Dame win this game.
    That is a pretty bold statement to lump all "the media" into one group and say they "hate us." I actually think by and large the media loves it when a traditional power develops a dynasty. But they also love it when it implodes too. Granted, there are some individual members of the media that probably put a negative slant on all things Bama, but I refuse to believe that "everybody hates us." Almost sounds Barnerish.

Actually, my complaint with the media (across the board) is that instead of reporting the news they try to make the news and this seems to be what is happening here with CNS and the NFL thing. They are making a mountain out of a molehill.

BamaNation All-American BAMA1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMan09 View Post
    Some members of the media? Probably

Every member of the media? No way

Making a statement like that is painting with a very broad brush.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    That is a pretty bold statement to lump all "the media" into one group and say they "hate us." I actually think by and large the media loves it when a traditional power develops a dynasty. But they also love it when it implodes too. Granted, there are some individual members of the media that probably put a negative slant on all things Bama, but I refuse to believe that "everybody hates us." Almost sounds Barnerish.

Actually, my complaint with the media (across the board) is that instead of reporting the news they try to make the news and this seems to be what is happening here with CNS and the NFL thing. They are making a mountain out of a molehill.
    Exactly my point. Saban straight up told those fools the other day in his PC what he wants to do at Alabama but the media keeps trying to make something out of it when there's clearly nothing there. It's obvious that a lot of people are out to paint our program and Nick Saban in a bad light leading up to this game.

BamaNation First Team Roll Tide 00's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive1 on TideFans.com

I think Cowherd is going to bring up Saban more and more till January 7th.I think he wants to create a un easy feeling around the team going into the title game.Jason Taylor shot down everything he's been saying about Saban on Colin's show today.

Quote Originally Posted by Roll Tide 00 View Post
    I think Cowherd is going to bring up Saban more and more till January 7th.I think he wants to create a un easy feeling around the team going into the title game.Jason Taylor shot down everything he's been saying about Saban on Colin's show today.
    2.5 weeks to go and no real new news, what are they going to do. Some of the coverage has already been inane, but it'll get worse. They're reaching for any wisp of controversy they can spy...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    Tolerant on TideFans.com

Remember how silly the Super Bowl coverage gets? And they only have to fill two weeks...

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--di...013829913.html

Apparently it's never going to stop
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Saban addressing the rumors he might be leaving Alabama

Well, this is a bit frustrating...
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Well, this is a bit frustrating...
    Think how CNS feels. I mean, he won't be here forever, but going back to the NFL is probably one of the last things I could see him do. People who know him say they doubt he goes back to the NFL, but an "anonymous" source keeps bringing up a potential team owned by an alum of one of our chief rivals. To me, it just smells of someone trying to create a distraction.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--di...013829913.html

Apparently it's never going to stop
    I made reference to this idiot article in another thread. Is there just really no other news going on? Some pro player needs do to something stupid again pronto, so they have something to talk about.
    Due to the current workload, the light at the end of the tunnel will be temporarily turned off.

BamaNation All-SEC

It's never going to stop, because anyone with an "anonymous source" can write whatever they want to write. Besides, a denial by Saban is only going to be laughed at by those who insist he is looking at the NFL. At this point, though, there's no reason to worry too much about it. Even if he leaves, he's done more for this program than I could have imagined six years ago and he has set us up for success in the future.