Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Saban addressing the rumors he might be leaving Alabama

I just hope he takes this frustration out on ND.
    ROLL TIDE!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CapstoneGrad06's Avatar

Re: Saban addressing the rumors he might be leaving Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--di...013829913.html

Apparently it's never going to stop
    A Miami Dolphins' beat writer. No surprise, but that is a some quality tin foil hat stuff.
    "Each play has a history and a life of its own. How is that play going to be remembered? If you're focusing on that play and what you have to do that single play, usually you'll do pretty good on it." - Coach Nick Saban

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMan09 View Post
    The media hates Alabama and Coach Saban. It's no secret. They've been rooting against us ever since he set foot on our campus as head coach. They're doing everything they can to help Notre Dame win this game.
    How in the world is the media going to help ND win - are they suiting up against us?
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan K. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    I just hope he takes this frustration out on ND.
    Same. And with it being constantly mentioned, it just becomes more "clutter" for the players to ignore.

I don't know if he's going or staying, but the idea that Saban would be interviewing assistants for the Browns at this point is laughable. He is super deliberate when hiring his assistants here, even when he's been in place for several years. Are we to seriously believe he's interviewing assistants for a job he doesn't have?

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TidefaninOS View Post
    How in the world is the media going to help ND win - are they suiting up against us?
    Might as well be. You don't think the kids aren't paying attention. Everything is being said is about ND or some coach from Bama leaving, including the head. I'm sure coach has talked to the team and made a definite statement to them and they will act likewise. I believe coach is staying, but he has yet to say I will be coaching Bama next season, this year.

Key phrase "this year."

I think he killed all rumors last season when he signed the extension. But we'll see...
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Love the Ping View Post
    Are we to seriously believe he's interviewing assistants for a job he doesn't have?
    Or that he's focusing on anything other than the task at hand.

Anyone who even remotely understands his 'process' know there's zero chance he's thinking about anything beyond Jan7th, aside from maybe some recruiting. Heck, he wouldn't even meet with CMM until after the 'fins regular season was over...
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Or that he's focusing on anything other than the task at hand.

Anyone who even remotely understands his 'process' know there's zero chance he's thinking about anything beyond Jan7th, aside from maybe some recruiting. Heck, he wouldn't even meet with CMM until after the 'fins regular season was over...
    But the conveniently leave things like that out.
    ROLL TIDE!

This last one, complete with psychoanalysis of Saban really wins the booby prize...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame Clubfitter's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    This last one, complete with psychoanalysis of Saban really wins the booby prize...
    No doubt. Had a little bit of a blank stare when I read that one. As others have said, we might as well get used to this every year. When you got the best college coach in the business everybody will try to take their best shot at him. It is what it is.
    “What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment.”
    Coach Nick Saban.

The only thing that would quiet this would be something absurd like a lifetime contract and a $20 million buyout. Neither is likely to happen, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Clubfitter View Post
    No doubt. Had a little bit of a blank stare when I read that one. As others have said, we might as well get used to this every year. When you got the best college coach in the business everybody will try to take their best shot at him. It is what it is.
    In the other thread where this article, if you can call it that, popped up, I compared this guy to a southern TV weatherman forecasting snow. Hit it and you're a genius. Miss it and nobody remembers.
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    In the other thread where this article, if you can call it that, popped up, I compared this guy to a southern TV weatherman forecasting snow. Hit it and you're a genius. Miss it and nobody remembers.
    Good point. And Cole really can't lose because he plays both sides of the fence in his article. One source tells him that Saban to the NFL "isn't happening." The other says he's hiring coaches. Lookee here, I'm going to be right either way!