Link: Saban addressing the rumors he might be leaving Alabama

rhm54

1st Team
Nov 30, 2006
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2012/12/nick_saban_on_future_at_alabam.html

"This has been a good thing for my family to be here," Saban said. "College football has been very good for us. The positive impact that you can have on these young men as players and as people, that's just something that we really enjoy and something that I learned about myself."

"I really enjoy what I'm doing here right now. I'm getting old now. I don't think we've got too many moves left in us. You develop a lot of relationships and loyalties to the players you recruit and the players you have on the team and the people you have in the organization. I don't think it's really fair to leave. I regretted when I left LSU because I left a lot of relationships there. Hopefully I'll be able to stay here for a long, long time."

When asked about the perception that he is unhappy, Saban said the perception does not match up with reality.

"Maybe I don't always show it and maybe I'm always worried about the next game. I'm happy, I'm very, very happy. I'm very pleased and happy with what we've been able to accomplish here."

"We haven't practiced for two weeks since that game so I haven't had the chance to yell at anybody. We start practice tomorrow so everybody better tie it on."
Also, at the bottom of the link you can listen to the full audio of the interview.

Last edited:

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
Finally!!! Can we now make it a rule that if you talk about Coach Saban leaving you're stuck with an Auburn icon?

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
I love the last part….We haven't practiced for two weeks since that game so I haven't had the chance to yell at anybody. We start practice tomorrow so everybody better tie it on.

RTR!!!!

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
So he does plan to move? :wink:
Are you dissecting words and context?

I wouldn't read too much into it. It sounds and looks like he is happy here. I think what he said about the idea of him helping kids speaks louder. At this point in his career, it sounds like that is the legacy he wants to leave as opposed to moving up the ladder in the near future.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
It tips more towards he's staying, since that is a national topic, but I have never liked "right now". If a coach is going to stay, all he really has to do is say it. But on the flip side that is what got him in trouble. So maybe he has a rule against saying anything definitive.

The fan base when coach Saba arrived was like someone crawling out of the desert asking for some water and he gets the fire hose.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I wouldn't read too much into it. It sounds and looks like he is happy here. I think what he said about the idea of him helping kids speaks louder. At this point in his career, it sounds like that is the legacy he wants to leave as opposed to moving up the ladder in the near future.
He put a wink face there for a reason:biggrin:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
The whole thing about LSU ought to tell you all you need to know.

It was a mistake for him ever to leave there... and he knows it. (Quite honestly, that's probably why the LSU folks have never gotten over it and never will).

Nick Saban has never been one to make the same mistake twice...

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006

I want to reiterate this. I would encourage folks to listen to Coach's radio show on Thursdays during the season. My wife and I make it appointment radio. We've learned so much about Coach Saban and why he is the way he is. The people in his life that have molded him. The man truly relishes in being able to affect people, young men, and helping them grow as people. I truly believe that helping the players and molding them into strong men is one of the biggest factors that led to him leaving Miami. He just couldn't do it at the NFL level because of the attitudes of the players.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
The whole thing about LSU ought to tell you all you need to know.

It was a mistake for him ever to leave there... and he knows it. (Quite honestly, that's probably why the LSU folks have never gotten over it and never will).

Nick Saban has never been one to make the same mistake twice...
He ended up better off. He would not have reached the level he has here at LSU. He would have won but reaching the BCS title game 3 out of 4 years, I don't think so.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.