3 weeks from today: what are your early score predictions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Not really trying to start a debate here I guess, but all of you guys who are apparently expecting us to score 28+ on Notre Dame, I just don't see it.

Given the prowess of the ND front seven, that won't happen unless AJ McCarron plays far better than he did against LSU, aTm, and UGA. We won't be running for 350+ yards against ND like we did in the SECCG against UGA, so if McCarron continues to struggle for much of the game, we're just going to have to scrape together enough points to win a low-scoring contest.

Agree 100%. I am a little surprised at the lack of respect for ND's D here as well in a lot of these predictions.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think 27-13. I think there is some truth to ND's defense but they have not had to go against an o-line that is going to hit them back like ours. I also people forget that every team we struggled with had deep threat abilities with an accurate qb, I'm sorry but golsten and co. arnt them.

JunctionBoy

Scout Team
May 8, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
Alabama 27
Notre Dame 13

Notre Dame hasn't faced anything remotely close to what Alabama has on defense.

Another thing I found in my own research...

Alabama has scored 30+ in 11 of 13 games
Notre Dame has scored 30+ in just 4 of 12 games

Any Domer or pundit saying Notre Dame is going to come out and score in the high 20's or 30's against by far the best defense they've faced is on crack.

This game won't be close.

Minedweller

Dec 16, 2012
I will post an official score thread the week of the game, but I know y'all have thought about the score for some time now. So what is your early score predictions? I'm thinking 34-17 Bama.
As of today I'm going to go with Bama 27-16. If Barrett Jones is out I'll go with 20-18 Alabama. Roll tide!

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Initially I was thinking 31-7 BAMA. Now with concern about whether or not BJ will play and the current weather forecasts calling for rain/wind, I'm going with 13-6 BAMA.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Initially I was thinking 31-7 BAMA. Now with concern about whether or not BJ will play and the current weather forecasts calling for rain/wind, I'm going with 13-6 BAMA.
I wasn't aware BJ was directly responsible for 18 points. I thought we had skilled players who knew how to score? :conf3:

24-10 Alabama winning it all.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I wasn't aware BJ was directly responsible for 18 points. I thought we had skilled players who knew how to score? :conf3:

24-10 Alabama winning it all.
The current weather forecast, rainy & windy, is the bigger factor in my prediction. I see both offenses becoming more ground based, therefore speeding the clock. No BJ makes our pass blocking weaker and running up the middle more difficult which IMO costs us 7-10 points.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
I am superstitious… will we have a normal "Pick the score thread" started by Jessica? (Or maybe a Mod can change the title).

RTR!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.