Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Big A Re: Latest Bama News 12/18/12

New York Jets head coach Rex Ryanis expected to announce on Tuesday that former University of Alabama quarterback Greg McElroy will be the starting quarterback for the Jets' home game against the San Diego Chargers this Sunday, according to a report from ESPN.

Greg McElroy will make first career start for NY Jets-al.com

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Latest Bama News 12/18/12

Quote Originally Posted by kyallie View Post
    Thanks so much, guys. I think my back surgery next month will help me to put out a little better product on time! RTR!
    Good luck with that and I hope it helps. I had back surgery in 2001 and it made things much better.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    Good luck with that and I hope it helps. I had back surgery in 2001 and it made things much better.
    It's a minimally invasive Laminectomy, to take the pressure off the nerves. Thanks!

Each day until the BCS National Championship Game, Daily Bama Blog contributor Brett Hudson will count down to kickoff, giving us bits and pieces of that day's significance to Alabama and Notre Dame. Today is 20 days until the game, which means Brett is examining the number "20."

Countdown: 20 days until BCS National Championship Game-Daily Bama Blog

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Tide returns to practice0Tide Sports

Alabama coach Nick Saban and the Crimson Tide returned to the practice field Tuesday in preparation for its third national title game in four years.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

With his left foot in a cast, Alabama senior center Barrett Jones is pedaling a stationary bike Tuesday while wearing a black non-contact jersey. Nose guard Jesse Williams is practicing with a brace on the knee that he injured in the SEC Championship Game. Look for more in the upcoming practice report, and look for videos and photos from Alabama's first postseason practice.
    Tide's Barrett Jones has a cast on his left foot; Jesse Williams is practicing-al.com

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Barrett Jones isn't practicing. Jesse Williams is. Jeremy Pruitt is working with the Tide's safeties, including Jarrick Williams, who is in a black non-contact jersey.
    Alabama practice report: BCS Championship Game preparation begins-al.com

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Alabama returned to practice this afternoon as it prepares for the BCS National Championship Game next month. With Christmas coming, Nick Saban apparently is in a generous mood, because he allowed us inside the gates for three practice periods, which is 21 minutes. That's the most since the season began. Four injured players wore black non-contact jerseys and rode exercise bikes during the media viewing period: Tide center Barrett Jones (heavily wrapped left foot), Jesse Williams (knee), receiver Kenny Bell (broken leg) and fullback Jalston Fowler (knee). All of them seemed fine on the bikes. The biggest surprise was Bell. He had surgery about three weeks ago for his broken leg, and he was supposed to be on crutches still at this point. He's not going to play in the game, but it seems like a good sign that he's doing what he's doing today.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

The Crimson Tide's coaching staff makes $9,281,738, which beats out Texas by $16,988.
    Report: With assistants clearing $3.8 million, Alabama boasts nation's highest-paid coaching staff-al.com

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

In their latest "SECond Look" video report, Kennedy and Herndon talk about movement on the coaching staffs of the Auburn and Alabama football programs.
    SECond Look video: Coaching hires and the one who got away from Auburn; hole to fill at Alabama-al.com

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

The others include running back/H-back Jalston Fowler (knee) and wide receiver Kenny Bell (broken leg).
    Watch Barrett Jones and others pedaling stationary bikes at Alabama's first postseason practice (video)-al.com

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Of the 26 players recognized this season by the NCAA as consensus All-Americans, 10 were from the SEC. The Pac-12 was second with seven consensus All-Americans. Leading the way from the SEC were Georgia outside linebacker Jarvis Jones and Alabama center Barrett Jones, both of whom were repeat consensus All-Americans. The only other player to claim that distinction nationally was Wisconsin running back Montee Ball. To earn consensus All-America honors, a player has to be named first team on at least two of the five All-America teams recognized by the NCAA -- American Football Coaches Association (AFCA), Associated Press, Football Writers Association of America (FWAA), The Sporting News and Walter Camp Football Foundation. There were 12 players nationally who were unanimous choices by all five organizations, and five of those players were from the SEC.

SEC All-America roundup-SEC BLOG ESPN

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com