Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Alabama, Notre Dame Take Different Approach to Early Portions of Practice Schedul

While they have not had any formal practices, I doubt that the players have been idle.

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Alabama, Notre Dame Take Different Approach to Early Portions of Practice Schedul

Quote Originally Posted by CRMSNtide View Post
    Thats a pretty long lay off for ND with no championship game to play in.
    I don't think their layoff is any different than what ours was last year. I also think I heard they will be having 15 practices as well in prep for the BCSNCG.
    “I think that a lot in life comes down to expectations sometimes, and we didn’t come here looking for a moral victory.”— Nick Saban

Saban has also said, "If there was a better way to prepare, we'd be doing it that way."

In other words, we'll prepare for Notre Dame like do will any other team. Saban believes in establishing a routine and sticking to it.

Alabama, Notre Dame Take Different Approach to Early Portions of Practice Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by tambo410 View Post
    I don't think their layoff is any different than what ours was last year. I also think I heard they will be having 15 practices as well in prep for the BCSNCG.
    I like coming off the Georgia game experience with a shorter lay off, they haven't played a good team in a while, and have the longer lay off.
    We come out knowing what it takes to win a big game like this.

Regardless of individual coach preferences, I highly doubt Saban felt he had the option to do anything different in this case. Given how badly beaten up we were after the SECCG, I imagine he felt compelled to have the longest possible lay-off time.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Finebaum was on ESPN discussing who benefits more from the layoff.

Link
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyTider View Post
    Regardless of individual coach preferences, I highly doubt Saban felt he had the option to do anything different in this case. Given how badly beaten up we were after the SECCG, I imagine he felt compelled to have the longest possible lay-off time.
    Amen, brother.

Amen...

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Alabama, Notre Dame Take Different Approach to Early Portions of Practice Schedule

It benefits us. We need it, and plus we can get back to basics. We forgot how to tackle a lil bit. I'm sure we'll get that back.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation First Team BayouBama75's Avatar
    My Mood
    Pensive on TideFans.com

Didn't it say ND was off 12/21-12/28 while Bama was off 12/23-12/26 for Christmas break so we pick up 4 days here. Did I read that right?

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    It benefits us. We need it, and plus we can get back to basics. We forgot how to tackle a lil bit. I'm sure we'll get that back.
    We also forgot how to protect the ball down the stretch against good teams. That is my only fear against Notre Dame- turnovers. If we protect the ball and don't give them a short field with which to work, we should win.

BamaNation First Team dadleyblane5's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Believe you me guys and gals....CNS will have our guys ready no matter how many practices ND has between now and then.