My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Alabama State Commits Secondary Violations During Recruitment of Isaiah Crowell

Link

WSFA 12 News has learned Alabama State University committed secondary NCAA violations during the recruitment of running back Isaiah Crowell. Coaches and administrators at ASU had impermissible contact with Crowell before he was cleared by the University of Georgia to speak with other universities.

In August, ASU self-reported the violations to the NCAA in a document obtained by WSFA 12 News. WSFA 12 News has learned the NCAA found the university committed the violations, accepted the university's report and called the case closed. Crowell was cleared to play for the entire season.

According to the University's self-violation report, Crowell was released from the University of Georgia's football team on June 29th. On June 30th, Head Coach Reggie Barlow and Director of Football Operations Craig Payne began making phone calls to Crowell and his mother.

The university's own investigation found that telephone contact was made before the coaches had permission to speak with Crowell about coming to Alabama State University.

Crowell and his mother visited campus on July 3rd, and Crowell enrolled at the university on July 5th.

Sources tell WSFA 12 News other coaches in the SWAC became suspicious about Crowell's recruitment and on July 10th, the SWAC office requested the university to investigate possible NCAA rules violations.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC bamagradinATL's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Alabama State Commits Secondary Violations During Recruitment of Isaiah Crowell

I'm definitely not suprised.

BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Alabama State Commits Secondary Violations During Recruitment of Isaiah Crowell

I've either just experienced de ja vu or this was posted a week or so ago.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamabelle1991 View Post
    I've either just experienced de ja vu or this was posted a week or so ago.
    I didn't remember seeing it. SIAP.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bamagradinATL View Post
    I'm definitely not suprised.
    On either end. ASU has had a lot of NCAA troubles in recent years.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

It's Alabama State. Does anyone really care?

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

When I think of "relevant" football programs in Alabama, I think of:

Alabama
    UNA
    Troy
    Jacksonville St
    Auburn

In that order. Throw USA in there now I guess. I don't think of UAB, West Alabama, ASU or Alabama A&M. Sorry.