WR / DB Nate Andrews Updates ('Bama Offers)

Alabama extended an offer earlier this morning to WR Nate Andrews out of Fairhope. FWIW, his high school coach claims it to be a full offer and not a greyshirt.

Andrews committed to Minnesota about three weeks back, and picked up an offer from Butch Jones after he got to Knoxville. Had a very strong showing at the Alabama v. Mississippi All-Star Game.

'Bama should get him provided we want him, though he could be considered a back-up plan to Foster. Either way, he's definitely not going to Minnesota.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team
    My Mood
    Nerdy on TideFans.com

Re: WR Nate Andrews Updates ('Bama Offers)

This probably means that Robert Foster will end up at Pitt.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR251 View Post
    This probably means that Robert Foster will end up at Pitt.
    maybe. maybe not. depends on the position we were recruiting Nate for.

So hard to say for certain with these WR / DB types -- and for the record, Andrews has talked in the past about wanting to play WR in college -- but with Massington looking like the back-up plan for Robert Foster, you kind of have to think that Andrews is being envisioned more as the fall-back option for guys like Bell and Ramsey.

I'm sure more information will emerge in the days ahead, but for the time being I presume we are recruiting him as a combo player with a staff preference to have him placed in the defensive backfield.

Mobile radio this morning said: #1, that Nate is still firm to Minnesota, and that #2, Bama was looking at him as a db.

rtr

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Why are we apparently striking out on stud WR's this yr? Yea, you're not going to get 80 touches a yr, but you could get 50+ and play in an NFL offense. I think we have a lot to offer in terms of this position. Just look at Amari Cooper.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

35 it may have to do with #2 in the post above yours, if we were recruiting him at db.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    Why are we apparently striking out on stud WR's this yr? Yea, you're not going to get 80 touches a yr, but you could get 50+ and play in an NFL offense. I think we have a lot to offer in terms of this position. Just look at Amari Cooper.
    We do have a lot of young talent coming back next year at WR - Cooper, Black, C. Jones (2), White, Shinn, Woodson. (Did I leave anybody out?) That doesn't include veterans like Norwood, Bell. So if we do miss out on any good ones, we'll have another shot at some elite talent next year.
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan K. Simpson

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Somewhat of an update. Link

Nate Andrews update

Fairhope coach Adam Winegarden has been out of town for most of the Christmas break and said he hadn't spoken with all-state athlete Nate Andrews.

The 6-foot-1, 205-pound Andrews received a scholarship offer from Alabama following the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Classic in Montgomery earlier this month.
    Andrews told al.com later that week that he remained committed to Minnesota despite Alabama's offer but would likely visit Tuscaloosa before National Signing Day in February.

"I haven't talked to him, but I don't think anything has changed," Winegarden said. "He's committed to Minnesota. He really likes the staff there. However, I'm pretty sure he is going to visit Alabama and Florida State at least next month. I'll definitely talk to him when school resumes this week and see what he is thinking."

Andrews is currently playing on the Fairhope basketball team.

The Press-Register All-Region first-team pick ran for 13 touchdowns, caught five and threw for three during the Pirates' 8-4 season.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

I am very familiar with this athlete and see him as being one of the best players in the state this past year. I think he could be an absolute beast as a safety at the next level. Andrews has exceptional ball skills, great speed, and plays really hard. Will be interesting to see where he ends up, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up wearing Crimson when it is all said and done.

My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

WR / DB Nate Andrews Updates ('Bama Offers)

Yea he was the team. Great ball skills think if he was opened minded could be a shut down corner or safety.
    "With no power, comes no responsibility"