FB | REC Moderator

DB / ATH Jalen Ramsey Updates (Alabama Eliminated)

Ramsey is now saying Alabama is eliminated and that he has canceled his official visit to Tuscaloosa scheduled for next month.

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: DB / ATH Jalen Ramsey Updates (Alabama Eliminated)

Does this explain Andrews' offer?
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation First Team

D'oh. *different word in my head*

Well, I guess we'll just have to settle for some other top-notch recruit. Woulda loved to have him. Any word on why we fell out of the running?

FB | REC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Does this explain Andrews' offer?
    It certainly seems like the decision by Ramsey and the delay from Bell played a big role in the extension of the offer to Andrews.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyTider View Post
    It certainly seems like the decision by Ramsey and the delay from Bell played a big role in the extension of the offer to Andrews.
    Or did Ramsey's decision play a role in the offer to Cook? Thought of that after I asked my earlier question.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

FB | REC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Or did Ramsey's decision play a role in the offer to Cook? Thought of that after I asked my earlier question.
    I am certain that it didn't hurt, though I don't believe we ever really put many eggs in the Ramsey basket in the first place, and in addition we have been looking to add two defensive backs regardless.

Probably had a bit of an impact, though. Obviously we hope that Cook's offer was just a by-product of him getting it together in the classroom, but obviously we don't know that just yet, and that may turn out to be wishful thinking.

Suspended

Did we pass on Ramsey?

BamaNation All-SEC TheTradition's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty Webb View Post
    Did we pass on Ramsey?
    I don't know for a fact that this is the case, but I have seen on some other sites from people who may know that CNS was never completely sold on him.

FB | REC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Ty Webb View Post
    Did we pass on Ramsey?
    As TT mentioned, I don't think the staff was ever as high on Ramsey as some of the self-proclaimed recruiting experts, but I highly doubt that we passed. By all accounts we have been trying to sway him and get him to come visit Tuscaloosa, but obviously it just fell through.