DB / ATH Jalen Ramsey Updates (Alabama Eliminated)

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Ramsey is now saying Alabama is eliminated and that he has canceled his official visit to Tuscaloosa scheduled for next month.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
D'oh. *different word in my head*

Well, I guess we'll just have to settle for some other top-notch recruit. Woulda loved to have him. Any word on why we fell out of the running?

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Or did Ramsey's decision play a role in the offer to Cook? Thought of that after I asked my earlier question.
I am certain that it didn't hurt, though I don't believe we ever really put many eggs in the Ramsey basket in the first place, and in addition we have been looking to add two defensive backs regardless.

Probably had a bit of an impact, though. Obviously we hope that Cook's offer was just a by-product of him getting it together in the classroom, but obviously we don't know that just yet, and that may turn out to be wishful thinking.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Did we pass on Ramsey?
As TT mentioned, I don't think the staff was ever as high on Ramsey as some of the self-proclaimed recruiting experts, but I highly doubt that we passed. By all accounts we have been trying to sway him and get him to come visit Tuscaloosa, but obviously it just fell through.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.