Greg McElroy named Jets starting QB for Sunday's game vs. Chargers

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Why would I want him to play well and generate any form of positive news for a franchise I can't stand?
My! I've just never been able to work up that kind of emotion for pro sports. I just want my Bama boys to do well. They're practically the only reason I watch...

My! I've just never been able to work up that kind of emotion for pro sports. I just want my Bama boys to do well. They're practically the only reason I watch...
Again... that's why I said I hope he makes his money and doesn't get hurt. I feel the same way about all the other Alabama players not on New England's roster. After that, well, they're in the wrong uniform.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
I don't really care for the Jets, but I'm thrilled for McElroy. As long as he doesn't join the Cowboys, I'm happy. And when it's a bama player on the Cowboys... I sound a lot like DD does right now.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
Why? Because I can't stand the Jets, regardless who is playing for them?
As a Patriots fan, you should have been rooting for the Jets last night and to get in the playoffs as the #6 seed. There would have been no easier first round matchup for you guys. ;)

But I am a Dolphins fan who typically hates the Jets too. I'm definitely rooting for G Mac, to lead the Jets to two victories and look great doing it. That would make Rex Ryan look stupider than he already does. This should have happened a long time ago. But the Jets losing last week kept the Dolphins very slim playoff hopes alive, so I am not complaining too much.

Now we're making progress. Thought for a minute there I was going to have to make you an appointment with Staci. :eek:
I admit... it'd be a bit different if McElroy was playing for someone like Minnesota or another franchise that doesn't really register with me. Him being on the Jets, though, makes him and everyone else in that uniform public enemy #1. I know Alabama/Saints fans that feel the same way about Julio being in a Falcons jersey... and I'm sure Alabama/Falcons fans have had a similar reaction to Ingram in a Saints jersey.

As a Patriots fan, you should have been rooting for the Jets last night and to get in the playoffs as the #6 seed. There would have been no easier first round matchup for you guys. ;)

But I am a Dolphins fan who typically hates the Jets too. I'm definitely rooting for G Mac, to lead the Jets to two victories and look great doing it. That would make Rex Ryan look stupider than he already does. This should have happened a long time ago. But the Jets losing last week kept the Dolphins very slim playoff hopes alive, so I am not complaining too much.
Even though a thumping of the Jets in the playoffs would have been fun, I'm to the point where I don't ever want to see the Jets successful enough to limp into the #6 seed. May they wallow in mediocrity forever.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
They could lose 78-48, maybe that would make DD happy.

Not much of an NFL guy, either. I watch it because its on and I like football, but I could live without it.

I never thought he'd ever play, much less start. I though with his brain and pro sports family connections, his football career was more of an internship to a front office job. Glad to see him get the starting nod, even if it is a meaningless late season game.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
They could lose 78-48, maybe that would make DD happy.

Not much of an NFL guy, either. I watch it because its on and I like football, but I could live without it.

I never thought he'd ever play, much less start. I though with his brain and pro sports family connections, his football career was more of an internship to a front office job. Glad to see him get the starting nod, even if it is a meaningless late season game.
Maybe meaningless to most fans but for Greg and also other players, it is a job interview for next season. If Greg goes out and performs well. He'll probably start the rest of the year. That could lead to competing for the starting job next season with the jets or possibly another team trading for him.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I'm happy for Greg. I hope he does great. I will be watching him this Sunday, and hopefully he will finish the season as the starter. He cannot do any worse than Sanchez.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
In reality, its probably a job interview for the whole league because it seems as though the whole organization is going to get revamped and Tebow will get finally get Tebowed... The day has finally come where he can support the weight of his own persona. GMAC will likely end up a solid number 2 on somebody else's roster next season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.