Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Re: Greg McElroy named Jets starting QB for Sunday's game vs. Chargers

Congrats Greg. It sucks he plays on a bad team though.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    I still hope the Jets lose by 30.
    As long as GMAC has no turnovers, throws for 300 yards and 4 tds, I'm ok. If the Jets defense sux, who cares.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    As long as GMAC has no turnovers, throws for 300 yards and 4 tds, I'm ok. If the Jets defense sux, who cares.
    I could even live with this scenario.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

I could even live with this scenario.
    Now we're making progress. Thought for a minute there I was going to have to make you an appointment with Staci.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonChuck's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sassy on TideFans.com

Why? Because I can't stand the Jets, regardless who is playing for them?
    As a Patriots fan, you should have been rooting for the Jets last night and to get in the playoffs as the #6 seed. There would have been no easier first round matchup for you guys.

But I am a Dolphins fan who typically hates the Jets too. I'm definitely rooting for G Mac, to lead the Jets to two victories and look great doing it. That would make Rex Ryan look stupider than he already does. This should have happened a long time ago. But the Jets losing last week kept the Dolphins very slim playoff hopes alive, so I am not complaining too much.
    Lucky #13

My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

Red face Re: Greg McElroy named Jets starting QB for Sunday's game vs. Chargers

DUH!!!!! this should have been done a long time ago. A little late now.

RTR
    15 National Championships
    They've got a name for the winners of the world, and i want a name when i lose, They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blue.( Steely Dan 1978 )

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    Now we're making progress. Thought for a minute there I was going to have to make you an appointment with Staci.
    I admit... it'd be a bit different if McElroy was playing for someone like Minnesota or another franchise that doesn't really register with me. Him being on the Jets, though, makes him and everyone else in that uniform public enemy #1. I know Alabama/Saints fans that feel the same way about Julio being in a Falcons jersey... and I'm sure Alabama/Falcons fans have had a similar reaction to Ingram in a Saints jersey.

-Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonChuck View Post
    As a Patriots fan, you should have been rooting for the Jets last night and to get in the playoffs as the #6 seed. There would have been no easier first round matchup for you guys.

But I am a Dolphins fan who typically hates the Jets too. I'm definitely rooting for G Mac, to lead the Jets to two victories and look great doing it. That would make Rex Ryan look stupider than he already does. This should have happened a long time ago. But the Jets losing last week kept the Dolphins very slim playoff hopes alive, so I am not complaining too much.
    Even though a thumping of the Jets in the playoffs would have been fun, I'm to the point where I don't ever want to see the Jets successful enough to limp into the #6 seed. May they wallow in mediocrity forever.

-Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    Don't worry, if he gets out of line, I've got some meds for that too. ;-)

They could lose 78-48, maybe that would make DD happy.

Not much of an NFL guy, either. I watch it because its on and I like football, but I could live without it.

I never thought he'd ever play, much less start. I though with his brain and pro sports family connections, his football career was more of an internship to a front office job. Glad to see him get the starting nod, even if it is a meaningless late season game.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    They could lose 78-48, maybe that would make DD happy.

Not much of an NFL guy, either. I watch it because its on and I like football, but I could live without it.

I never thought he'd ever play, much less start. I though with his brain and pro sports family connections, his football career was more of an internship to a front office job. Glad to see him get the starting nod, even if it is a meaningless late season game.
    Maybe meaningless to most fans but for Greg and also other players, it is a job interview for next season. If Greg goes out and performs well. He'll probably start the rest of the year. That could lead to competing for the starting job next season with the jets or possibly another team trading for him.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation All-American Tide&True's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

If the Jets would just let him have the starting position I know they wouldn't be disappointed.
    "They've got a name for the winners in the world....they call Alabama the Crimson Tide"
    -Steely Dan

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'm happy for Greg. I hope he does great. I will be watching him this Sunday, and hopefully he will finish the season as the starter. He cannot do any worse than Sanchez.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18