Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame lafella's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Greg McElroy named Jets starting QB for Sunday's game vs. Chargers

LOL Earle you sound like me... If I sit down to watch a pro game I pull for the team with the most Bama players or if one of the star players is from Bama..starting to get a little tough honestly
    Hey Daddy why doesn't Auburn have a number beside their name? 5 year old son during the iron bowl.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Born and raised in Alabama. My pro-sports loyalties have nothing to do with geographical ties. I support New England because they are an incredibly well run organization with a great head coach. If Belichick and that organization was in place in, say San Diego, I'd be a Chargers fan. For reference - I grew up a Dolphins fan and said to heck with them based on years and years of ineptitude.

I'm also a Red Wings fan (Love their colors, uniform, and organization), a fan of the defunct Seattle Supersonics (Again, the colors, uniform, and the fact they weren't the Bulls during the 90's), and the Chicago Cubs (They were always on TV and not named the Atlanta Braves).
    I too am a fan of different localities depending on the sport. I'm probably the only person in the country who is a die-hard fan of Bama football/basketball/gymnastics, Wake Forest (basketball/football), San Antonio Spurs, and Washington Redskins. I'm also a fan of the Red Wings and Bruins in hockey (bizarre, I know) and Braves and Red Sox, although less of a die-hard on those. Each team has a logical story that has nothing to do with winning records, but it's a tangled web of emotions.

The only part that seems common about my fandom are my loathed teams: Lakers, (now) Heat, Cowboys, Yankees, Flyers, and Avalanche.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    My! I've just never been able to work up that kind of emotion for pro sports. I just want my Bama boys to do well. They're practically the only reason I watch...
    Same here. I live near Baltimore, but I can't work up much enthusiasm for either the Ravens or the Redskins. I've only ever cared about two NFL teams: Jets (Namath/Todd) and Raiders (Stabler).

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Greg McElroy named Jets starting QB for Sunday's game vs. Chargers

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    Now we're making progress. Thought for a minute there I was going to have to make you an appointment with Staci.
    There's no cure for Jets Hatred.
    "Sometimes the juice is worth the squeeze." - Marcus Luttrell, 'Service - A Navy SEAL at War'

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

I'm a Bama fan first and foremost. However I don't just pull for the school and not the player. The guys have bled,hurt themselves, and busted tail for Bama. They are Bama family now and once in you are always in unless you embarass the family. Part of it could be because I don't really like pro ball. For a variety of reasons. I think people that like pro ball are more apt to have that disconnect once a player leaves Bama because there is so much player movement in the nfl. And btw if you follow the player you can pull for the Saints and the Falcons and the Jets and the Patriots.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SavannahDare View Post
    There's no cure for Jets Hatred.
    I concur with the good doctor here.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation First Team aerospace_ray's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bama fan first and want our guys to do well in NFL. Regarding conferences, I am an NFC east fan and never liked AFC. But I like GMAC and Tebow. I hope the Jets get creative and use both in the backfield in unique scenarios and try some razzle dazzle. IMO, Tebow needs to be on the field and GMAC is a coach playing QB. I have only cheered for Jets when they had Namath, Todd as QB's and that's the only times. RTR
    User formerly known as "13 4 BAMA soon"

"they didn't stumble in to it, they didn't back in to it, they just whipped Miami 34-13" (Keith Jackson circa 1992-3 National Championship, ABC Sports)

BamaNation All-American Bad Pony's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    How do you not even suit him up last night? He could have come in off the bench to give a spark instead of having TT trying to be QB on that one series and Sanchez stinking up the place. Good for GMAC!

I never understood why the de-activated him after he came in and lead them to the TD drive for the game winning points a couple of weeks ago...idiot front-office moves all around for the NYJ

BamaNation All-American Bad Pony's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

For me it's simple: I cheer for the uniform, not the player. When it comes to football, those uniforms are Alabama and New England.
    So call me shallow but I haven't liked the Pats since they changed uniforms years ago Bring back the ball snapping Patriot!!

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Pony View Post
    So call me shallow but I haven't liked the Pats since they changed uniforms years ago Bring back the ball snapping Patriot!!
    You're not a fan of the flying Elvises?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Pony View Post
    I've been saying that for some time. Heck, I'd settle for a compromise - either the Pat Patriot logo with the current blue uniform top or the current logo with the old red uniform top.

Most Patriot merchandise I own has the Pat Patriot logo.

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

For me it's simple: I cheer for the uniform, not the player. When it comes to football, those uniforms are Alabama and New England.
    Speaking of uniforms, I liked the Pats better when your avatar was on their helmets.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    Speaking of uniforms, I liked the Pats better when your avatar was on their helmets.
    Not going to argue with you on that one. One of the best logos/uniform combinations in the NFL.

The problem with it, though, was that logo represented a lot of lean and horrendous seasons (Outside of the 1985 season where they lucked their way into being slaughtered by Chicago in the Super Bowl).

-Bill Belichick