Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed on TideFans.com

Re: Greg McElroy named Jets starting QB for Sunday's game vs. Chargers

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    My! I've just never been able to work up that kind of emotion for pro sports. I just want my Bama boys to do well. They're practically the only reason I watch...
    Same here. I pull for the Bama boys. I always want them to do well.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

can't stand Philip Rivers and the Chargers, so pulling for GMAC to have a great game. My NFL team, the Titans, are crap-tastic, so I got nothin'

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'm happy that Greg is getting the start. (I'm a 'Big Red' fan)
    CRR made a smart decision starting McElroy. It will involve less wholesale changes
    than would be needed with Tebow.
    Not knocking Tim, but he ain't a Pro Style QB, and Greg is.
    Tim has primarily played in the Wildcat, as a change of pace guy.
    I don't see 4 quarters of Wildcat as a winning strategy.
    Here's hoping that Greg lights up the scoreboard...

BamaNation Hall of Fame JPT4Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Not going to argue with you on that one. One of the best logos/uniform combinations in the NFL.

The problem with it, though, was that logo represented a lot of lean and horrendous seasons (Outside of the 1985 season where they lucked their way into being slaughtered by Chicago in the Super Bowl).
    Pat's Head coach in 1985 was former NFL great Ray Berry. Berry's father, (Raymond Berry Sr.)was a legendary Texas High School coach. Can anyone name one of his former players that went on to play for and eventually coach under another couple of legends?

Hint, he's pretty popular around these parts.
    Ask me about my vow of silence.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

It is great that McElroy is getting a chance to show his worth. I wish they would have given up on Sanchez earlier and given McElroy his shot before it was over for the Jets (especially after he came in and led the offense to victory). Still, I think it would be hard for GMac to become a regular starter in the NFL. I just don't know if he has the arm strength needed to make the tough throws you have to make to just be effective in the NFL. I'm not even talking about the kind of throws that make you an elite quarterback.

What McElroy lacks in arm talent, he makes up in smarts. He will play within himself and avoid mistakes to the best of his ability. That alone is an improvement on Sanchez who has been a walking, talking turnover waiting to happen. The Jets have had some decent teams before with Pennington who never had a strong arm either. Hope for the best from McElroy.

BamaNation All-American Clubfitter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Will be pulling for GMac. Hope he makes the best of it.
    “What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment.”
    Coach Nick Saban.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Namath, Todd, Lyons......let me be a jets fan as a little boy....

But my real allegiance was to Ozzie and the Cardiac Kids in Cleveland. I even think Johnny Davis joined him one year when Brian Sipe was QB and Reggie Rucker, And Company were there....
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

One problem the Jets have is that they have tons of money tied up in Tebow and Sanchez. Sanchez especially will be hard to unload because of this. Money considerations will play a role in what the Jets will do, and it is probably a reason they have stuck with Sanchez so long.
    As for which NFL team I pull for, I am like most people here in that I am for the Bama boys, and to a lesser extent, against the Auburn players(if both are on the same team, the Bama outweighs the barn). I do have a problem with teams of any sport from some cities or areas, or teams with too many prima donnas, but otherwise I can't get too worked up over pro sports. I will watch northern teams like Green Bay when the weather turns wintery just because I like cold and nasty weather, and on the flip side, I don't like dome games regardless of who is playing.

Post Thanks / Like

When was the last time a bama qb started an nfl game?
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    When was the last time a bama qb started an nfl game?
    Had to have been Brodie Croyle with the Chiefs... can't remember the year...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pigsinspace View Post
    One problem the Jets have is that they have tons of money tied up in Tebow and Sanchez. Sanchez especially will be hard to unload because of this. Money considerations will play a role in what the Jets will do, and it is probably a reason they have stuck with Sanchez so long.
    As for which NFL team I pull for, I am like most people here in that I am for the Bama boys, and to a lesser extent, against the Auburn players(if both are on the same team, the Bama outweighs the barn). I do have a problem with teams of any sport from some cities or areas, or teams with too many prima donnas, but otherwise I can't get too worked up over pro sports. I will watch northern teams like Green Bay when the weather turns wintery just because I like cold and nasty weather, and on the flip side, I don't like dome games regardless of who is playing.
    The fact that they find themselves in this position is enough to call into question the sanity of the Jets management. I can see the miss on Sanchez - that unfortunately happens fairly frequently with highly-drafted QBs - but what were they thinking in bringing in Tebow? I just don't understand the theory. I hope they hold on to Sanchez and Tebow (they may have to) and trade Greg to a team where he can be a solid backup and maybe a chance to play some...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

BamaNation First Team CrimSonami's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Breezy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    The fact that they find themselves in this position is enough to call into question the sanity of the Jets management. I can see the miss on Sanchez - that unfortunately happens fairly frequently with highly-drafted QBs - but what were they thinking in bringing in Tebow? I just don't understand the theory. I hope they hold on to Sanchez and Tebow (they may have to) and trade Greg to a team where he can be a solid backup and maybe a chance to play some...
    Agreed. May be too little too late but G-Mac might be designated starter now for developmental reasons now that the Jets are eliminated from post season play. If they are just going to jerk him around as they've been doing then trade or release him as you've stated.

RTR!!!

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Several years ago there was a thread here asking which Bama players were thought to be good enough to play at the next level. My pick of him was met with much consternation.
    Last edited by ALA2262; December 19th, 2012 at 11:10 AM.