Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Re: Greg McElroy named Jets starting QB for Sunday's game vs. Chargers

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    You have to go even further back to find the last Alabama QB to start an NFL game and win.
    Rutledge?

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team BamaBoots's Avatar
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Big A Re: Greg McElroy named Jets starting QB for Sunday's game vs. Chargers

Finally!!! The Cowboys are going to be sorry they didn't get him when they could.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonChuck's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sassy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Not much of the country will be seeing the Jets game, unless you have Sunday Ticket:

Link to the coverage map (Note, these can change, but they are usually pretty solid by this point in the week): http://www.the506.com/temp11.html
    There is always Redzone.
    Lucky #13

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

By some strange twist of fate he'll end up in Cleveland with Trent and they'll win two superbowls together.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

My Mood
    Buzzed on TideFans.com

Always admired the Steelers organization - that would be a great place for GMAC to end up working as backup to Big Ben. It's debatable how many years Big Ben still has in him and even so whether he will remain with the Steelers for that duration or have to sit out as injured - all of which would give GMAC a great opportunity to become the Steeler's starting QB.

FWIW as a longtime Phins Fan of course I never cared for the Jets either, Diamond. But I will be pulling for GMAC this weekend to have a great outing....he deserves the opportunity given his college career and skill set.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    When was the last time a bama qb started an nfl game?
    Brodie..and I believe Rutledge was the last to start and win.

Wish I could see this game, really pulling for GMAC but hard to enjoy the Jets being a Pats fan (family is from Boston), but don't have the ability here in Florida. At least I don't think it's physically possible for GMAC to be worse than Sanchez has been.

BamaNation Second Team AmeliaGayle's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bookworm on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sazae View Post
    At least I don't think it's physically possible for GMAC to be worse than Sanchez has been.
    Go Pats! Since the Jets are eliminated, I can pull for Greg without reservation. As long as he holds on to the strategy that any series ending in a kick is a good one he'll do fine. Minimizing mistakes is his best skill, so he should be fine.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar

I'm thrilled that Greg gets the start. He deserves the opportunity. I just hope the team surrounding him doesn't lay down because they're out of the playoffs. If they do it will be hard for him to look good.
    I have a feeling though that they'll work hard to support him. They seemed to come to life as a whole when he came into the game a couple of weeks ago. Greg's a leader and they seemed to buy into his attitude.
    One offensive lineman said, "He's almost cocky in the huddle and that can be a good thing honestly".
    Go Greg!
    sip

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I am going to be torn on wanting Greg to do well since I have the Chargers defense in my fantasy league Super Bowl this weekend.

I am late to this thread...but yay for Greg! I am so happy for him, and I will be nervous like it is a Bama game. I want him to do well, since I don't root for any NFL teams...I just love seeing the Bama players do well.
    Roll Tide

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    I'm thrilled that Greg gets the start. He deserves the opportunity. I just hope the team surrounding him doesn't lay down because they're out of the playoffs. If they do it will be hard for him to look good.
    I have a feeling though that they'll work hard to support him. They seemed to come to life as a whole when he came into the game a couple of weeks ago. Greg's a leader and they seemed to buy into his attitude.
    One offensive lineman said, "He's almost cocky in the huddle and that can be a good thing honestly".
    Go Greg!
    sip
    They might also be motivated to prove it wasn't on them...it was on Sanchez for playing poorly.
    Roll Tide

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    They might also be motivated to prove it wasn't on them...it was on Sanchez for playing poorly.
    Very good point...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus