Greg McElroy named Jets starting QB for Sunday's game vs. Chargers

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I'm like TIDE-HSV... I just can't work up any kind of emotion, even remotely close to what I feel about Alabama football, when it comes to the NFL.

I cheer for Alabama players first and foremost. That said, I can't stand Rex Ryan. Hopefully McElroy does very well and gets picked up by a better franchise. He deserves much better than Ryan and the Jets. That franchise is a circus clown show.

I can't stand his twin brother that's the DC for the Cowboys either. They yap the loudest, and always fall flat on their faces.

I'm like TIDE-HSV... I just can't work up any kind of emotion, even remotely close to what I feel about Alabama football, when it comes to the NFL.

I cheer for Alabama players first and foremost. That said, I can't stand Rex Ryan. Hopefully McElroy does very well and gets picked up by a better franchise. He deserves much better than Ryan and the Jets. That franchise is a circus clown show.

I can't stand his twin brother that's the DC for the Cowboys either. They yap the loudest, and always fall flat on their faces.
For me it's simple: I cheer for the uniform, not the player. When it comes to football, those uniforms are Alabama and New England.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
For me it's simple: I cheer for the uniform, not the player. When it comes to football, those uniforms are Alabama and New England.
That's interesting. I've lived in a couple of NFL/NBA cities and, in my experience, loyalties are almost 100% geographical. Are you from New England?

That's interesting. I've lived in a couple of NFL/NBA cities and, in my experience, loyalties are almost 100% geographical. Are you from New England?
Born and raised in Alabama. My pro-sports loyalties have nothing to do with geographical ties. I support New England because they are an incredibly well run organization with a great head coach. If Belichick and that organization was in place in, say San Diego, I'd be a Chargers fan. For reference - I grew up a Dolphins fan and said to heck with them based on years and years of ineptitude.

I'm also a Red Wings fan (Love their colors, uniform, and organization), a fan of the defunct Seattle Supersonics (Again, the colors, uniform, and the fact they weren't the Bulls during the 90's), and the Chicago Cubs (They were always on TV and not named the Atlanta Braves).

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Question- Someone posted that Trent scored his 11th NFL touchdown Sunday and it was moved to the pro sports forum.

Seeing that..I posted the news about Greg in the Pro Sports forum and there's no response because it's a five star rated thread in the college football forum.

Should I re-read the rules or something? :)

I'm very happy for Greg. But I'm also happy for Trent.

sip

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.
LOL Earle you sound like me... If I sit down to watch a pro game I pull for the team with the most Bama players or if one of the star players is from Bama..starting to get a little tough honestly :biggrin:

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Born and raised in Alabama. My pro-sports loyalties have nothing to do with geographical ties. I support New England because they are an incredibly well run organization with a great head coach. If Belichick and that organization was in place in, say San Diego, I'd be a Chargers fan. For reference - I grew up a Dolphins fan and said to heck with them based on years and years of ineptitude.

I'm also a Red Wings fan (Love their colors, uniform, and organization), a fan of the defunct Seattle Supersonics (Again, the colors, uniform, and the fact they weren't the Bulls during the 90's), and the Chicago Cubs (They were always on TV and not named the Atlanta Braves).
I too am a fan of different localities depending on the sport. I'm probably the only person in the country who is a die-hard fan of Bama football/basketball/gymnastics, Wake Forest (basketball/football), San Antonio Spurs, and Washington Redskins. I'm also a fan of the Red Wings and Bruins in hockey (bizarre, I know) and Braves and Red Sox, although less of a die-hard on those. Each team has a logical story that has nothing to do with winning records, but it's a tangled web of emotions.

The only part that seems common about my fandom are my loathed teams: Lakers, (now) Heat, Cowboys, Yankees, Flyers, and Avalanche.

Quicksilver

1st Team
Mar 13, 2010
Ellicott City, MD
My! I've just never been able to work up that kind of emotion for pro sports. I just want my Bama boys to do well. They're practically the only reason I watch...
Same here. I live near Baltimore, but I can't work up much enthusiasm for either the Ravens or the Redskins. I've only ever cared about two NFL teams: Jets (Namath/Todd) and Raiders (Stabler).

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world
I'm a Bama fan first and foremost. However I don't just pull for the school and not the player. The guys have bled,hurt themselves, and busted tail for Bama. They are Bama family now and once in you are always in unless you embarass the family. Part of it could be because I don't really like pro ball. For a variety of reasons. I think people that like pro ball are more apt to have that disconnect once a player leaves Bama because there is so much player movement in the nfl. And btw if you follow the player you can pull for the Saints and the Falcons and the Jets and the Patriots.

aerospace_ray

All-American
Oct 5, 2009
Alabama
Bama fan first and want our guys to do well in NFL. Regarding conferences, I am an NFC east fan and never liked AFC. But I like GMAC and Tebow. I hope the Jets get creative and use both in the backfield in unique scenarios and try some razzle dazzle. IMO, Tebow needs to be on the field and GMAC is a coach playing QB. I have only cheered for Jets when they had Namath, Todd as QB's and that's the only times. RTR

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
How do you not even suit him up last night? He could have come in off the bench to give a spark instead of having TT trying to be QB on that one series and Sanchez stinking up the place. Good for GMAC!

I never understood why the de-activated him after he came in and lead them to the TD drive for the game winning points a couple of weeks ago...idiot front-office moves all around for the NYJ

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.