Chris Black?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
It's not that I think he is a three year player, it is just that I'm not that worried about "protecting" redshirts these days.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Percy Harvin - 2009
If Chris Black is Percy Harvin then by all means burn his redshirt, but to compare a kid who has yet to play a down of major college football to one of the most prolific SEC players of all time is premature to say the least.

*I'm not saying you are comparing the two

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
IMO Chris Black very well could stay at Alabama for his full years of eligibility, redshirt or not. Historically, if you look at receivers who have left early for the draft, they are guys with exceptional speed, size, skill set, etc. CB does not have the size to leave early for the NFL at 5 feet 11 inches tall and less than 180 pounds. He will get bigger, more muscular, etc. but he will not get any taller.

Receivers of his size are not the type that leave early, regardless of their play making ability. Their demand is just not that sought after in the NFL.
Thank you. Someone finally gets it!
See page 3...:wink:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Percy Harvin is an exception. The guy was pound for pound the strongest guy on the team. Chris Black physically has a long ways to go.
I agree he is the exception. I was only answering a question. Black has a long, long, long way to go before he even thinks about being in the conversation with Harvin.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.