Chris Carter Interview on Smashmouth Radio

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
Any way you can give us a summary? I can't access the link on this goverment computer. Thanks buddy!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Any way you can give us a summary? I can't access the link on this goverment computer. Thanks buddy!
He talks to CNS and is considered a "friend of the program." He said from his talks with CNS that he does not see him going back to the pros. In regards to Duron, he says he feels Duron was given a fair deal at Bama but Duron did not do all of what he needed to do.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Chris seemed very candid and objective about Duron's situation. It's rare a parent can separate the emotional tie in a situation like that to be objective. My respect for him just went up a notch. Thanks for sharing the link.

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
Thanks man!

Cris Carter continues to show class. Not many people would say those things after that situation. Some people in the todays society would continue to make excuses for their child, not Cris Carter.

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Yeah he said that Greeny from Mike&Mike said that he thinks Saban was leaving, and normally Chris wouldn't say anything. But since he had insight into the situation, he felt compelled to straighten Greeny out on the situation.

He also said to take it from someone that covers the NFL and is tied to the NFL.... Saban has a better job at Alabama than the NFL. He said that NFL coaches are constantly in touch with Saban asking questions about how he runs his program and questions about his players.

Lastly, when asked about the ND/Bama game, he said it's just hard to beat Alabama in these big games when they have a lot time to prepare.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Chris seemed very candid and objective about Duron's situation. It's rare a parent can separate the emotional tie in a situation like that to be objective. My respect for him just went up a notch. Thanks for sharing the link.
Craig James disagrees. He thinks a good parent would get the coach fired.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Thanks man!

Cris Carter continues to show class. Not many people would say those things after that situation. Some people in the todays society would continue to make excuses for their child, not Cris Carter.
agreed...but it's not like he hasn't flamed out once before.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
When we were playing FAU, I ran across an article about Duran. It said he applied for a wavier to play this year, but it was (rightfully so) denied. The article also said Saban wrote a letter to the NCAA in support of him getting a wavier. That was nice for him to do and not something he was obligated to do, especially after wasting his time on someone not willing to do the work he asked of him.

I heard the interview with Chris on the radio. He also didn't have to say nice things about Saban but he seems to know his son screwed up a golden ticket.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
Craig James cost himself about 750,000 votes in his run for US Senate by his stunt too.
Craig James threw out a huge danger signal by the way he handled the situation. He showed that he has no qualms about misusing his power and influence to attack someone against whom he has a personal vendetta. He somehow got the leadership at ESPN to cover his back while he pushed the Texas Tech administration to fire Leach.

I doubt most voters would want someone like that to have a position within the highest levels of U.S. government.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Craig James threw out a huge danger signal by the way he handled the situation. He showed that he has no qualms about misusing his power and influence to attack someone against whom he has a personal vendetta. He somehow got the leadership at ESPN to cover his back while he pushed the Texas Tech administration to fire Leach.

I doubt most voters would want someone like that to have a position within the highest levels of U.S. government.
Sounds like a typical politician to me...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.