Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-American bamabryan's Avatar

Re: Barrett Jones still on crutches and casted

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    If it's a cracked metatarsal, he can play with it - with a little help...
    Worst case if he rebreaks it he should be able to gut it out and play? That seemed to be the case in the Georgia game.

I'm concerned about him rebreaking it. Considering the fact that he's a lineman it seems he could easily rebreak it (another lineman stepping on his foot during practice or during the game).

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by bamabryan View Post
    Worst case if he rebreaks it he should be able to gut it out and play? That seemed to be the case in the Georgia game.

I'm concerned about him rebreaking it. Considering the fact that he's a lineman it seems he could easily rebreak it (another lineman stepping on his foot during practice or during the game).
    Cracking a metatarsal is really not that rare. I got my first fracture on one from dropping from the top of the jungle gym to the concrete in the first grade. (Lord, I hadn't thought about the accident-prone stuff starting that early.) I limped around for about six weeks before the primitive x-rays of those days (1944) showed it up. If it had been numbed, then I could have run on it. It's kind of rare to see a metatarsal completely broken in two, unless it is from something like a Fluker stomp. If he weren't going to play, we'd already know it...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation All-American lynyrd skynyrd's Avatar
    My Mood
    Twisted on TideFans.com

Thanks Earle, knew you would have the scoop
    "Footballs only brutal when one sides hittin' and the other'n ain't". Clem Gryska UA asst. coach, 1973

How am I not surprised that Earle has had a metatarsal injury to be able to relate to Barrett Jones. Rare is the injury Earle hasn't had
    Order Of Operations: Run the football, score TD's, humiliate opposing offenses, win games, embarrass Auburn.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBama View Post
    How am I not surprised that Earle has had a metatarsal injury to be able to relate to Barrett Jones. Rare is the injury Earle hasn't had
    Yeah. Not all that surprising. However, that injury marked my childhood. The initial x-rays showed nothing, and, as I remarked, not very good, anyway. After limping for weeks, my parents took me to B'ham to see old Dr. Sherill, the first orthopedist in the state. I wore a cast for six weeks and then wore high-top brown leather shoes with custom arch supports all the way from the 1st grade through the sixth, while all the other kids were wearing cool black high-top Keds...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I got a new pair every year at Yieldings and ran down the street afterwards believing I could jump over tall buildings. Those were the days.
    Nowadays it's tough turning over in bed. LOL

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Barrett Jones still on crutches and casted

http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1450745Barrett says here it is sprained. As long as he is lining up on 7 Jan 2013, I'm good...
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Yeah. Not all that surprising. However, that injury marked my childhood. The initial x-rays showed nothing, and, as I remarked, not very good, anyway. After limping for weeks, my parents took me to B'ham to see old Dr. Sherill, the first orthopedist in the state. I wore a cast for six weeks and then wore high-top brown leather shoes with custom arch supports all the way from the 1st grade through the sixth, while all the other kids were wearing cool black high-top Keds...
    Are you forest gump?

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    Woot on TideFans.com

Earle, you really ought to consider donating your body to science whenever you leave this Earth. I'd imagine they'd have a field day and learn some amazing things.
    1st LT US ARMY

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBrass View Post
    Earle, you really ought to consider donating your body to science whenever you leave this Earth. I'd imagine they'd have a field day and learn some amazing things.
    Well, I'm due to be burned, but I hear you and I've thought about it. One thing's for sure, if they dug my body up 50K years from now, they'd never guess what I did for a living...

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by 45longcolt View Post
    I got a new pair every year at Yieldings and ran down the street afterwards believing I could jump over tall buildings. Those were the days.
    Nowadays it's tough turning over in bed. LOL
    You mean I REALLY couldn't run faster and jump higher?

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1450745Barrett says here it is sprained. As long as he is lining up on 7 Jan 2013, I'm good...
    They'd cast it for a sprain also, just to keep the pressure of walking off it, so it could heal. I don't think the cast is significant...

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Earle are you the reason my deductible is so high?

Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!