Barrett Jones (NOT) still on crutches and casted; back practicing

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Re: Barrett Jones still on crutches and casted

this is KILLING me. we need barrett on that line. without him, i have definite worries. then again, i'm a huge pessimist.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I'd rather get him as close to 100% as possible rather than have him taking practice snaps when he's started for four years and does a good job of taking care of his body.

athlete37

Scout Team
Dec 13, 2012

Could be a big night for Mr Kelly....making me nervous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can you guys give me a quick snapshot of Kelly? From the article, it seems he will be a stud in his own right at some point, if not soon.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Kelly is going to be a good lineman for us but we need Barrett for Jan 7.

I'm not too worried. Like I said, he is a mature young man who is smart enough to be prepped with a short practice time. I'd rather have him as close to fully healed as possible rather than aggravating the injury in practice.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011

Kelly much more finesse than Barrett and would have a brutal job dealing with Nix. We need Jones healthy...period

cross those fingers

RogueElephant

All-American
Mar 15, 2007
Los Angeles

Don't expect to see Kenny Bell we need him next year at 100%. B. Jones is the one I'm worried about.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

I would be shocked (and bummed obviously) if Barrett doesn't play.

He's simply too much of a competitor to not play. I think he will and do just fine.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I have no doubts Barrett will play & will be a force against The Irish..He played hurt against The Dawgs in the SEC Championship Game & I thought he played his best game of his career on top of that..This is why he came back his senior year..To repeat as National Champs..No way he'll watch it from the sidelines..He'll be ready come game time..

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

Jones will play, youre kidding yourself if you think otherwise. will he play the whole game is a different story, but he'll suit up and play.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

I have no doubts Barrett will play & will be a force against The Irish..He played hurt against The Dawgs in the SEC Championship Game & I thought he played his best game of his career on top of that..This is why he came back his senior year..To repeat as National Champs..No way he'll watch it from the sidelines..He'll be ready come game time..
thank you. my exact thoughts. Roll Tide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida

Exactly.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Could be a big night for Mr Kelly....making me nervous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IF it turns out that Barrett can`t go (or go the whole game), would it be possible that someone other than RK would call the line assignments? I know that the center usually does that, but could someone with more experience (Chance?) make the calls?

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ

Coach Bryant played with a broken leg against Tennessee in his days. I expect Barrett to play.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.