jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Re: Barrett Jones still on crutches and casted

Practicing doesn't necessarily mean 100%. I don't want to be a debbie downer, but his injury is the most concerning thing to me for the game at this point.
Me too! Count me worried as of now. Please tell me this won't be an Andre Smith part 2 (surely at this point not). Then again Barrett is even more important than Andre could have ever been both on and off the field.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Me too! Count me worried as of now. Please tell me this won't be an Andre Smith part 2 (surely at this point not). Then again Barrett is even more important than Andre could have ever been both on and off the field.
You did know that it wasn't really an injury at all with Andre'...?

BamaGal99

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2011

I am 99.9% sure that Barrett won't sign with an agent before 1/7. :biggrin:

All kidding aside...I hope that Barrett will be ready to go. I agree with others that he won't watch it from the sidelines unless his leg falls off.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

All kidding aside...I hope that Barrett will be ready to go. I agree with others that he won't watch it from the sidelines unless his leg falls off.

I agree, but I also dont want him playing if he's not able to play up to his standards...
too many times you see a player trying to play hurt, and it only hurts the team.

Please get well fast, Barret Jones....

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I agree, but I also dont want him playing if he's not able to play up to his standards...
too many times you see a player trying to play hurt, and it only hurts the team.

Please get well fast, Barret Jones....
This is very true. You only have to look back to Barron trying to play DB in the Iron Bowl, unable to raise one arm above his shoulder...

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

This is very true. You only have to look back to Barron trying to play DB in the Iron Bowl, unable to raise one arm above his shoulder...
Yep. I give MB a lot of credit for playing through it, and he would've certainly picked off the second one but for his injury, but the ND DL is very big and Nix is a physical J. Jenkins. Inserting a RS FR for a multi-year, multiple award winning OL is not ideal (I vividly remember Fairley blowing by Steen to cause that fumble). Steen has turned out to be very good, but seasoning (like in cooking) takes time. Other than the injury, I like our OL/DL matchups because they excel what we excel at (run stopping/ run blocking) and I think we have the better horses up front to win that battle (assuming Jones is good to go). The DL that gave us problems historically were pass rushers.

tidefan26

1st Team
Dec 5, 2005
South Alabama

One has to question the coaching decision there, just to get one more lick on that dead horse.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

You did know that it wasn't really an injury at all with Andre'...?
Yep, when I referenced Andre I wasn't thinking injury at all, merely the loss of an important lineman. His absence from the line that Sugar Bowl night seemed to throw everything out of whack. Then again, there was a lot more going on with that team after the FL game as well. Not to mention Mike Johnson going down during game.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

Yep surely he'll wait to sign the napkin until after the game. :wink:

I really don't want to fathom the line without Barrett vs. ND. Just can't go there right now. Get better Barrett!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Yep, when I referenced Andre I wasn't thinking injury at all, merely the loss of an important lineman. His absence from the line that Sugar Bowl night seemed to throw everything out of whack. Then again, there was a lot more going on with that team after the FL game as well. Not to mention Mike Johnson going down during game.
I knew you were better plugged in than that... ;)

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

I think Saban has questioned it himself. He's relentless, even when it's self-criticism...
I'd always read that Barron covered up the injury....did the coaches know he couldn't raise his arm?

If so, that really was a mistake to play him.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I can see some of the concern. He was suppose to be ready after Christmas. Now he is suppose to be ready the week after Christmas. It doesn't sound like it is progressing like they expected on the surface. Again, I think it comes down to get him as close to 100% as possible and they don't want to risk reinjury in the game.

TideHiFlyer

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2012
A, A

Barrett will not play barring an absolute miracle from someone close to the team. Ryan is ready. Has been practicing hard and is game ready. We will be fine. So we beat em by 17 instead of 30. Roll Tide.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Barrett will not play barring an absolute miracle from someone close to the team. Ryan is ready. Has been practicing hard and is game ready. We will be fine. So we beat em by 17 instead of 30. Roll Tide.
That's a pretty bold statement you make. Who is that someone close to the team?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.