Barrett Jones (NOT) still on crutches and casted; back practicing

TideHiFlyer

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2012
A, A
Re: Barrett Jones still on crutches and casted

That's a pretty bold statement you make. Who is that someone close to the team?
Take it for what it's worth. It's pretty worthless I know, but personally I have absolutely full confidence in Ryan. He has explosive quickness and great size, but not a fat blob. 4 star recruit that has absolutely been coached up. We will be just fine.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Barrett knows the playbook & game plan as well as our coaches do..Perhaps we're just giving Barrett as much time as we can to heal up..Barret will play..This game is exactly why he came back his senior year..Not to end his career on the sideline..He will play..

TideHiFlyer

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2012
A, A

...and maybe he will. He's a gladiator. But I hear he's not even close.....yet. We'll see.

TideHiFlyer

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2012
A, A

Dude, why would I be lying? He's a kid, of course he says he's going to play. Its not the middle of the 3rd quarter with the trainers asking him how it feels. Not his call if he cant physically do the job. I hope he plays, I want Barrett to play in his last game, but not to the extent he is a liability to the team or affects his NFL future when his heir apparent, Ryan Kelly is game ready.

Last edited by a moderator:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

We'll know next week. If he isn't practicing then, the likelihood he participates is very small. Unsubstantiated rumors aren't going to last long here either.

TideHiFlyer

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2012
A, A

We'll know next week. If he isn't practicing then, the likelihood he participates is very small. Unsubstantiated rumors aren't going to last long here either.
Point well taken. It's not like I have been around this board very long. Roll Tide.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I'll put it this way about "sources"

My brother and I had sources telling us that Eddie Lacy was in non-contact after the meda left all week prior to the WCU game. I didn't expect him to participate due to concussion symptoms following that TAMU hit. He ended up getting 2-3 TDs in that week's game.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I'd be really surprised if Barrett didn't play. This isn't like Bell, he didn't have to leave the game or even go rushing to the locker room after the game. Logically, it would seem it should only get better with treatment. So, unless there is some sort of regression in his condition he's extremely likely to play.

Having said that, if he doesn't his backup has experience and plenty of time to practice. But, Barrett didn't have surgery, so it's hard to see why his performance could be below that of his previous game (which was certainly good enough).

lincoln_osiris

1st Team
Feb 11, 2009

I'd always read that Barron covered up the injury....did the coaches know he couldn't raise his arm?

If so, that really was a mistake to play him.
I think Barron with no arms was still better than the other options. He did to much to get everyone else where they belonged.

Also can't see Barrett not playing if there is any possible way for him to be on the field. He has put in 5 long years with all he's had. Not seeing him get to play in his last game, for his 3rd National Championship, would be heart-breaking.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

Dude, why would I be lying? He's a kid, of course he says he's going to play. Its not the middle of the 3rd quarter with the trainers asking him how it feels. Not his call if he cant physically do the job. I hope he plays, I want Barrett to play in his last game, but not to the extent he is a liability to the team or affects his NFL future when his heir apparent, Ryan Kelly is game ready.
exactly why would anyone on the internet site an anonymous source and lie about it, or if not lying site a source that is itself lying? people dont just do that, being the king of my own island in the pacific I know these things.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I think Barron with no arms was still better than the other options. He did to much to get everyone else where they belonged.

Also can't see Barrett not playing if there is any possible way for him to be on the field. He has put in 5 long years with all he's had. Not seeing him get to play in his last game, for his 3rd National Championship, would be heart-breaking.
While Barron was an incredible player, a player with arms would have at least knocked the ball down or wrapped up after the catch.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
Barrett Jones still on crutches and casted

Part of me wishes Saban would put the entire OL in a cast and crutches for a day for all to see. Then watch everyone (espn and ND) go ballistic. Just imagine the storm that type of joke would stir.

I think it would be hilarious. Kind of like when Belichik puts the whole Patriots roster on the injury report.

lincoln_osiris

1st Team
Feb 11, 2009

While Barron was an incredible player, a player with arms would have at least knocked the ball down or wrapped up after the catch.
Or not even been in position to come close to making a play.;)

Roll Tide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.