Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Re: Barrett Jones still on crutches and casted

Coach Bryant played with a broken leg against Tennessee in his days. I expect Barrett to play.
    Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/in...es_denzel.html

Al.com article today says Saban thinks both Jones and Devall will practice next week. Looking more likely both will be close to, of not at, 100%.
    Undefeated World Champion Threadkiller

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/in...es_denzel.html

Al.com article today says Saban thinks both Jones and Devall will practice next week. Looking more likely both will be close to, of not at, 100%.
    Practicing doesn't necessarily mean 100%. I don't want to be a debbie downer, but his injury is the most concerning thing to me for the game at this point.

BamaNation All-American TIDEnGA's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by jps1983 View Post
    Practicing doesn't necessarily mean 100%. I don't want to be a debbie downer, but his injury is the most concerning thing to me for the game at this point.
    Me too! Count me worried as of now. Please tell me this won't be an Andre Smith part 2 (surely at this point not). Then again Barrett is even more important than Andre could have ever been both on and off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by TIDEnGA View Post
    Me too! Count me worried as of now. Please tell me this won't be an Andre Smith part 2 (surely at this point not). Then again Barrett is even more important than Andre could have ever been both on and off the field.
    You did know that it wasn't really an injury at all with Andre'...?
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by TIDEnGA View Post
    I am 99.9% sure that Barrett won't sign with an agent before 1/7.

All kidding aside...I hope that Barrett will be ready to go. I agree with others that he won't watch it from the sidelines unless his leg falls off.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by BamaGal99 View Post

All kidding aside...I hope that Barrett will be ready to go. I agree with others that he won't watch it from the sidelines unless his leg falls off.

I agree, but I also dont want him playing if he's not able to play up to his standards...
    too many times you see a player trying to play hurt, and it only hurts the team.

Please get well fast, Barret Jones....

Quote Originally Posted by bamafaninOhiO View Post
    I agree, but I also dont want him playing if he's not able to play up to his standards...
    too many times you see a player trying to play hurt, and it only hurts the team.

Please get well fast, Barret Jones....
    This is very true. You only have to look back to Barron trying to play DB in the Iron Bowl, unable to raise one arm above his shoulder...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    This is very true. You only have to look back to Barron trying to play DB in the Iron Bowl, unable to raise one arm above his shoulder...
    Yep. I give MB a lot of credit for playing through it, and he would've certainly picked off the second one but for his injury, but the ND DL is very big and Nix is a physical J. Jenkins. Inserting a RS FR for a multi-year, multiple award winning OL is not ideal (I vividly remember Fairley blowing by Steen to cause that fumble). Steen has turned out to be very good, but seasoning (like in cooking) takes time. Other than the injury, I like our OL/DL matchups because they excel what we excel at (run stopping/ run blocking) and I think we have the better horses up front to win that battle (assuming Jones is good to go). The DL that gave us problems historically were pass rushers.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Barrett Jones still on crutches and casted

Barrett says he'll be ready and that's all I need.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation First Team tidefan26's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

One has to question the coaching decision there, just to get one more lick on that dead horse.
    Sic semper tyrannis

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

You did know that it wasn't really an injury at all with Andre'...?
    Yep, when I referenced Andre I wasn't thinking injury at all, merely the loss of an important lineman. His absence from the line that Sugar Bowl night seemed to throw everything out of whack. Then again, there was a lot more going on with that team after the FL game as well. Not to mention Mike Johnson going down during game.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaGal99 View Post

Yep surely he'll wait to sign the napkin until after the game.

I really don't want to fathom the line without Barrett vs. ND. Just can't go there right now. Get better Barrett!