Barrett Jones (NOT) still on crutches and casted; back practicing

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Yeeeesssss!!!!! This is fantastic news....I was really worried about the prospect of a freshman playing center in the BCSCG against that Sasquatch NG that ND has....big sigh of relief here. I still thought we could win with Kelly but this makes me feel a WHOLE lot better about beating ND

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
Re: Barrett Jones still on crutches and casted

You knew that Jones would play in this game. He'd pull a Bully Vandergriff if necessary by cutting off the foot, bending a piece of rebar into the shape of a foot, and then sticking that up into his lower leg bone.

ND Philosopher

Dec 27, 2012

My understanding is that Bama had a two hour practice today in shells, and that Barrett participated (in some way or another) in that.

Can anyone provide any more detail?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

My understanding is that Bama had a two hour practice today in shells, and that Barrett participated (in some way or another) in that.

Can anyone provide any more detail?
They were in pads and shorts today. Supposedly, he was taped but had a white jersey and no limitations on his movements. Looks like the treatment worked...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I figured they just wanted to rest him as much as possible...do cardio to keep his conditioning up and as much weightroom work the injury would allow.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I figured they just wanted to rest him as much as possible...do cardio to keep his conditioning up and as much weightroom work the injury would allow.
Having Ryan Kelly getting as much practice time with the ones on O could/will pay dividends. Since he`ll start out as #1 center next year, the work will make him that much better prepared. Also, if Barrett should reinjure his foot during the game so that he can`t go or just needs a break, RK will be far better prepared.

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011
Having Ryan Kelly getting as much practice time with the ones on O could/will pay dividends. Since he`ll start out as #1 center next year, the work will make him that much better prepared. Also, if Barrett should reinjure his foot during the game so that he can`t go or just needs a break, RK will be far better prepared.
RK better be ready

BTW - how great would it be if our backup Center had a great game to beat The Irish, and his name was Ryan Kelly?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Barrett will not play barring an absolute miracle from someone close to the team. Ryan is ready. Has been practicing hard and is game ready. We will be fine. So we beat em by 17 instead of 30. Roll Tide.
Wow. Miracles really do happen!!!!:wink:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.