Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Barrett Jones still on crutches and casted

The man said he'll play, then he'll play.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamainBoston's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Barrett Jones still on crutches and casted

Quote Originally Posted by TideHiFlyer View Post
    Barrett will not play barring an absolute miracle from someone close to the team. Ryan is ready. Has been practicing hard and is game ready. We will be fine. So we beat em by 17 instead of 30. Roll Tide.
    So either you're lying, or Barrett is... hmm...

BamaNation Second Team TideHiFlyer's Avatar

...and maybe he will. He's a gladiator. But I hear he's not even close.....yet. We'll see.

Dude, why would I be lying? He's a kid, of course he says he's going to play. Its not the middle of the 3rd quarter with the trainers asking him how it feels. Not his call if he cant physically do the job. I hope he plays, I want Barrett to play in his last game, but not to the extent he is a liability to the team or affects his NFL future when his heir apparent, Ryan Kelly is game ready.
    Last edited by SavannahDare; December 28th, 2012 at 06:19 PM. Reason: I've removed the part that you're putting forth as fact until/unless we get official confirmation.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

We'll know next week. If he isn't practicing then, the likelihood he participates is very small. Unsubstantiated rumors aren't going to last long here either.

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    We'll know next week. If he isn't practicing then, the likelihood he participates is very small. Unsubstantiated rumors aren't going to last long here either.
    Point well taken. It's not like I have been around this board very long. Roll Tide.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'm watching the SECCG. Although Barrett is playing on a hurt foot, he's moving well. Got out to block on a receiver screen(?) to Coop.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'll put it this way about "sources"

My brother and I had sources telling us that Eddie Lacy was in non-contact after the meda left all week prior to the WCU game. I didn't expect him to participate due to concussion symptoms following that TAMU hit. He ended up getting 2-3 TDs in that week's game.

My Mood
    Paranoid on TideFans.com

I'd be really surprised if Barrett didn't play. This isn't like Bell, he didn't have to leave the game or even go rushing to the locker room after the game. Logically, it would seem it should only get better with treatment. So, unless there is some sort of regression in his condition he's extremely likely to play.

Having said that, if he doesn't his backup has experience and plenty of time to practice. But, Barrett didn't have surgery, so it's hard to see why his performance could be below that of his previous game (which was certainly good enough).

BamaNation First Team lincoln_osiris's Avatar
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    I'd always read that Barron covered up the injury....did the coaches know he couldn't raise his arm?

If so, that really was a mistake to play him.
    I think Barron with no arms was still better than the other options. He did to much to get everyone else where they belonged.

Also can't see Barrett not playing if there is any possible way for him to be on the field. He has put in 5 long years with all he's had. Not seeing him get to play in his last game, for his 3rd National Championship, would be heart-breaking.
    I'm a lead farmer

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideHiFlyer View Post
    Dude, why would I be lying? He's a kid, of course he says he's going to play. Its not the middle of the 3rd quarter with the trainers asking him how it feels. Not his call if he cant physically do the job. I hope he plays, I want Barrett to play in his last game, but not to the extent he is a liability to the team or affects his NFL future when his heir apparent, Ryan Kelly is game ready.
    exactly why would anyone on the internet site an anonymous source and lie about it, or if not lying site a source that is itself lying? people dont just do that, being the king of my own island in the pacific I know these things.
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln osiris View Post
    I think Barron with no arms was still better than the other options. He did to much to get everyone else where they belonged.

Also can't see Barrett not playing if there is any possible way for him to be on the field. He has put in 5 long years with all he's had. Not seeing him get to play in his last game, for his 3rd National Championship, would be heart-breaking.
    While Barron was an incredible player, a player with arms would have at least knocked the ball down or wrapped up after the catch.

BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Part of me wishes Saban would put the entire OL in a cast and crutches for a day for all to see. Then watch everyone (espn and ND) go ballistic. Just imagine the storm that type of joke would stir.

I think it would be hilarious. Kind of like when Belichik puts the whole Patriots roster on the injury report.